Any hip hop fans? | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Any hip hop fans?

D

Deleted member 20240

Si.

I tend to listen to this more than anything else. I like music that is complex, takes you to the place that the artist is coming from. Intelligent, real art. Wether its dark, uplifting or fukn funny. Not super into the whole my ass is fat i got money, I get fucked up and fuk bitches scene going on right now though. I feel like that shit is an insult to the genre. Nothing pisses me off more than talentless twats making music. But as long as theirs stupid people, unfortunatley stupid music will be made so they buy it. Im more geared toward the old skool. Always lookin for new music though, whether old or new. So if you have any must listens hit me up!

D

Deleted member 20240

Just took a look at the past posts for inspiration. Kinda excited to do some listening! Hope those females pull thier weight. Girls are highly underrepresented in the talent dept. Always disappointed to hear another tallentless bitch auto tuned to shit shrieking about her pussy. Im guilty of liking desiggners(spelling,) timmy turner. Thats about it for mumble rap. Kinda on/ off topic but, ive been exploring r reggaetons lately. Gotta sort through the shit just like with American music, but thiers some nice shit. Cant translate all of what they're saying but it sounds good!

anterrabae

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
754 Weather Vane Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, US
when i was in highschool a buddy of mine introduced me to Dan Nakamuras “Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady by”.. and since then Ive always had a soft spot in my heart for good hip hop instrumentals.

ie dj shadow, early bonobo, dj krush, crooklyn dub consortium (a va comp), portishead, daedalus, massive attack, nicolas jaar.. james blake

then i dipped into house/electronica a little bit. martin roth.. boris brejcha..

lately im all into the beat tapes / instrumental mixes people been putting onto youtube and soundclouds. rafi:ki.. hashfinger..

pretty much only listen to trip hop/house/chillstep instrumentals. only care for vocals if theres gonna be some heavy bass to break up the monotony

codycodnyk

Reaction score
Yeah except what I don't like about a lot of it is it glorifies a lot of negative stuff like drugs and violence. But sometimes it fits the mood

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Uhhhh.png

While holding a pipe that's shaped like a gun to his mouth..

• Haha
Reactions: salxtina

roughdraft

Reaction score
Rap is wild popular in Russia now btw. If that's of anyone s interest as well check oxxymiron (russian)vs disaster(american) battle it's sick

i watched oxxxymiron v jonnyboy with English subtitles. was actually impressed by the vibe

if you liked Dizaster in particular you might like some of his older works - vs Canibus, vs Caustic, vs Jerzey Swift and finally he and Okwerdz vs Arkaic and Oshea. he has some gems in each of those although the opponents aren't as enthralling

Last edited:
Reactions: marmar

roughdraft

Reaction score
at 11 yrs old or so discovered Moment of Truth by Gang Starr and The Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest. got me so deep into rap music

my favorites still are Big L and Genius/GZA 'that 95 shit' both of those dudes can really spit. not always a fan of the lyrical content it's more the rhythm created and the multisyllabics that blow my mind

Eminem, before he was mainstream, had a more tasteful album called Infinite that I also highly recommend

Last edited:
Reactions: AAAutin

MarkDrifter

Reaction score
Website
ww.markdrifter.net
Broadly writing........ Run The Jewels, Immortal Technique, Atmosphere, Doomtree, Senser, Dog Eat Dog, Clipping, Hopsin, Moscow Death Brigade, Renegades of Punk, Zearle, Rise of the Northstar, Biohazard, Suicidal Tendencies, Cypress Hill, Serial Killers, Beastie Boys, Michu MC, Homicide, Test Their Logik, Iam Legion, Shadia Mansour, Skizzy Mars, MIA, Eminem w/ Joyner Lucas, Death Grips.. to name a few.

Reactions: Coywolf and AAAutin

Oddy

Reaction score
PLEASE check out Akala. He's hands down one of the BEST hip hop artists out there. He's pushing for the return of really hip hop, not the bastardised, capitalist shite it's been turned into. He's a lyrical genius with a lot of political, social content. For all you American folks... You're gonna need to read the lyrics!

• Agree
Reactions: roughdraft

troublefunk

Reaction score
I'm bumpin the shit out of old electro stuff atm - Jonzun crew space is the place.Its 35 years old and still sounds f..... amazing.Cmon Rogue Trader back me up here ;)
Got to mention high fidelity three - bboys breakdance (instrumental) from 1983...THAT bassline!!

roguetrader

Reaction score
ha ha you knew I'd have to peep this thread didn't ya ? being the old school fool that I am..... and yes I love old electro just as much as underground hip hop...

'spin on your hands and spin on your knee's, spin on your head and then freeze'

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
Reaction score
Website
www.instragram.com
I still believe some of the best hiphop of the past few years comes from the Indigenous scene in Australia. I don't know if artists will ever break out of here, but I adore so much of it. So much truth, so much history.

Well, they say that they came in peace
But our blood still stains the beach
Roll the dice, we gon' play for keeps
This sacred place ain't a place to preach
No, no, no, no white faith in a black belief
No, no, no Better pray that our spears don't reach
His cold, white heart, I'ma make it bleed, lead in to the First Fleet
Sicker than disease that he bring from overseas
No matter where you flee, I will always be
In the darkest of night, yeah, the sender will see me

• Epic
Reactions: Down and Out

starfarer

Reaction score
G'day Benji! I think the Americans would be greatly surprised to find that most hop here is by our mighty Whitey's and that country music is mostly popular with the Aboriginals!!! Troy casser Daly Adam brand , and not forgetting the deadly awards!!!!

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
Reaction score
Website
www.instragram.com
G'day Benji! I think the Americans would be greatly surprised to find that most hop here is by our mighty Whitey's and that country music is mostly popular with the Aboriginals!!! Troy casser Daly Adam brand , and not forgetting the deadly awards!!!!
That's a heck of a generalisation.
I can name more Indigenous hip-hop that white hip hop 🤷🏼‍♀️

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads