1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. If you're new to the world of underground travel, you should check out The Anarchist's Guide to Travel! This 243 page book is a how-2 manual of everything you need to know about exploring the world through hitchhiking, train hopping, bike touring, rubber tramping, sailing, and more! Included in this book are instructions on how to survive on the road (gear, food, money, etc) and answers all of the most common questions we get here on StP in one easy reference. Save yourself hours of searching the forums while still supporting the StP community! Click here for more information!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Any hip hop fans?

Discussion in 'Art & Music' started by ntdxc1878, Aug 25, 2017.

1. AAAutin

AAAutin Celebrated Poster

Ratings:
    +454 / -1
    Hell yes. RESERVATION is my shit.

2. wISDOM

wISDOM Professional butt double
    StP Supporter

Social fuck up
    Address:
    Sedona, AZ, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    Si.

I tend to listen to this more than anything else. I like music that is complex, takes you to the place that the artist is coming from. Intelligent, real art. Wether its dark, uplifting or fukn funny. Not super into the whole my ass is fat i got money, I get fucked up and fuk bitches scene going on right now though. I feel like that shit is an insult to the genre. Nothing pisses me off more than talentless twats making music. But as long as theirs stupid people, unfortunatley stupid music will be made so they buy it. Im more geared toward the old skool. Always lookin for new music though, whether old or new. So if you have any must listens hit me up!

• Like Like x 1
  3. wISDOM

wISDOM Professional butt double
    StP Supporter

Social fuck up
    Address:
    Sedona, AZ, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    Just took a look at the past posts for inspiration. Kinda excited to do some listening! Hope those females pull thier weight. Girls are highly underrepresented in the talent dept. Always disappointed to hear another tallentless bitch auto tuned to shit shrieking about her pussy. Im guilty of liking desiggners(spelling,) timmy turner. Thats about it for mumble rap. Kinda on/ off topic but, ive been exploring r reggaetons lately. Gotta sort through the shit just like with American music, but thiers some nice shit. Cant translate all of what they're saying but it sounds good!

4. anterrabae

anterrabae Appreciated Participator

Address:
    Borrego Springs, CA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +84 / -1
    when i was in highschool a buddy of mine introduced me to Dan Nakamuras “Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady by”.. and since then Ive always had a soft spot in my heart for good hip hop instrumentals.

ie dj shadow, early bonobo, dj krush, crooklyn dub consortium (a va comp), portishead, daedalus, massive attack, nicolas jaar.. james blake

then i dipped into house/electronica a little bit. martin roth.. boris brejcha..

lately im all into the beat tapes / instrumental mixes people been putting onto youtube and soundclouds. rafi:ki.. hashfinger..

pretty much only listen to trip hop/house/chillstep instrumentals. only care for vocals if theres gonna be some heavy bass to break up the monotony