Eviscerate

Reaction score
age is stupid. its just a number. it doesnt tell you shit about his or her maturity and thats what you should be looking out for. i say so long as the person your having sex with is intelligent knows what they are getting into and is mature age doesnt matter. its like there are 22 year olds that ive seen that cant think and dont realise the consequences of their actions that its supposedly fine to have sex with but if you come across a 16 year old who is vastly more intelligent and mature than that 22 year old but its still "wrong" to have sex with them because of the number.

i dunno i find just lumping people of a certain age into a group frustrating.

Isa Pizza

Reaction score
i think there are some lines that should only be crossed with great caution, in cases of under aged kids. what someone seems on the outside or what someone thinks they are ready for doesnt always turn out to be the truth. kids deserve to have their childhood protected. but i think at a certain age, 16? its all just good judgment. i mean my first bodyfriend was four years older than me. and ive also had attractions with someone 16. im nineteen. i think you just have to watch out for fuckers. not just the ones preying on under agers, just fuckers in general. cuz those sons a bitches are sly sly sly.

warphead

Reaction score
What happens between consenting adults is their business. With me it's a matter of chemistry, maturity and honesty. At 56 I don't see myself with someone much younger than 35; but who knows? I wouldn't want or look for anyone that much younger than me because experiences had and experiences to be had and needed are so much different between those two points of life. But I've met a few in their mid 30's that already covered that much ground in life and emotionally and intellectually were right where I'm at. Again; who can say. As to older: Same thing. Chemistry, maturity and honesty. The mind and soul is what you wake up and live with. If you're not in love with and can bond with that, you don't have anything.

A better World

Reaction score
Age dont fucking matter s long as there not children and mature enough to hold themselves accountable for there own actions. Each situation must be taken on its own. Its really tough today because of all the hormones in our food there are 13 year olds who can pass for 16 17. My friend almost went to jail for that shit when he was 16 a fully developed 11 year old girl told him she was 15 the next day he had cops at his house but the parents chose not to press charges just to scare him.

D

Deleted member 1505

I personally dont think age means shit. I have dated guys on both ends of the age spectrum. A few younger, then others that had some good years on me. I actually noticed (just from my experience) that the older guys Ive been with could be REALLY immature, and at times I felt like the old one, hah. It all depends on the person, though. On another note, it does piss me off when older guys will ONLY date younger girls. "Oh, youre 21? You're kinda old for my taste." haha really though...

bananathrash

Reaction score
its delusional to think that as soon as you are 18 you have passed an emotional hurdle, and have any better idea of what to pursue in relationships than you do at 16.

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
When Logan and I met I was 23 and he was 38, which people thought was weird. But now I'm 31 and he's 46 and the gap doesn't seem so big.

I just say, be careful with minors and maturation evolves at different ages in different people.
And...
If you're not sure, better safe than sorry, right?

Medusa

Reaction score
Yeah, like what everybody else said, maturity is what really matters. I usually find myself with guys who are in their late 20's-early 30's. But I'm open-minded to other ages. I just don't want anything to do with minors as far as relationships go (I'm 20)....maybe a 17 year old who's turning 18 soon, but other than that, fuck no. I don't really find myself attracted to that many of them, anyway, so it's never been an issue. I like mature people for sure. It's a big turn-on. I'm not much into the younger bodies and minds.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Gotta remember, that yes, maturity and experience have a lot to do with it, but age is a hell of a lot more than a number. For a community of travellers, keep in mind that it is the number of times this person has travelled around the sun. Which is a long ways. (^this is sarcasm for those of you who will attack me for it^)
Uhhh, more importantly, even if they lived in a box their whole lives, every year we live is an experience on a mental level, and experiencing emotions and thinking a lot longer I think is what age really is. Maybe you havent figured any more out than someone younger than you, but you have had a lot more time to think about it. That said, I have been dating a girl who is 2.5 years older than me for the last year, and I think it has been a lot better than my prior 2 partners, who were both younger by 2 years.
For frame of reference, Im almost 24, Been in 3 relationships, 4 years, 2 years, and now this one.

Sydney

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnywar.com
i just turned 20 and my boyfriend just turned 41. i started dating him when i was 17. is he a child molester? the older we both get the more uncomfortable i am with his age. he's a year older than my father. i tried breaking up with him earlier this year but i missed him too much and eventually hooked up with him again, i really do love him.. do i have issues, since i grew up without a father? thats what my mom says, she says i date older men for the same reasons young girls become hookers or strippers.

Medusa

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily consider that being a child molester. I think 17 is an age you can decide these things for yourself if you're mature enough to know what you're doing. Intentions should always be considered, too. I could definitely see how difficult it would be being in a relationship with someone that far ahead of you. You're still fresh into your youth, and he's middle-aged. I think it really boils down to whether he's dragging you down from doing what you need to do at this point in your life. Are you just uncomfortable? And why exactly are you uncomfortable? Or does he prevent you from enjoying your youth and finding your own path? People who are middle-aged are usually very set in their ways and may end up stunting your growth if you're in a long-term relationship with them.

Spacegrrl

Reaction score
I swear someone made up this formula to decide how old or young a person you can date without it being "weird", it's something like the youngest is half your age + 7, and the oldest is double your age - 7. seems like bullshit, but I thought it was interesting. here in the UK, the age of consent is only 16. I think it's kind of just an arbitrary number. I'll be 16 this year, but I doubt I'll be much more mature than I am now. that said, one of my closest friends is dating a guy who's 4 years older than her, and has been for almost 2 years. he's 17 and she only just turned 14. he's really controlling and possessive, and he's hit her a couple of times, but she puts up with it, probably 'cause she has issues with her family. thing is, that's actually considered pretty normal around here. so I think sometimes if there's too big an age gap, it can make relationships unhealthy or even abusive, 'cause it's hard for some people to stand up to their partner if they're a lot older.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guess I'll add my 2 cents. I have been on both ends of the spectrum several times, only in jeopardy of prison once (she AND her muther lied about her age) my conclusion thus far is: as NeomaxiAKI said "there like math if the numbers are small enough do em in your head" (he needs to clarify exact words he used as Math is hard for Diagaro to know.
20's are reckless with themselves and me.
Older is usually better, 40+ is probably pushing it but 30's suits me well.
You may now resume your regularly scheduled program.

Reaction score
age is jus a number who the fuck cares

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
as NeomaxiAKI said "there like math if the numbers are small enough do em in your head" (he needs to clarify exact words he used as Math is hard for Diagaro to know.

haha what i said was "Girls are like dividing numbers, if they're under 13, do em in your head." that being said i actually wouldnt mess around with anyone younger than me. i've always gone for the older types. whatever you're into thats your deal. when i was 13 i lost my v card to a 20 year old, and it was my decision. i knew full well what i was doing.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads