Advice for Showering & Staying Clean | Page 7 | Squat the Planet

Advice for Showering & Staying Clean

wartomods

Reaction score
dirt is alright, sweat, etc is alright, but fuck if you have piss, vomit or poop on you, get a fucking bath and clean clothes.

vandalette

Reaction score
there's nothing more gross to me than taking a shower then having to put on my flthy clothes...yuck!

I agree exactly. If i can't wash my clothes whats really the point of taking a shower. Your just putting back on your stench anyways. Taking a bird bath to wash my girly parts is the best way i keep clean.

piratehobo

Reaction score
I'd like to believe we all kinda just know when we need to shower/de-smellify. I'm housed up right now, so have access to a shower daily. But really, I dislike showering (I guess I'm lazy) and only do it when I get that "ehhh, better shower this week..."

Reactions: Lilly

Uncle Mom

Reaction score
Website
www.freedirtfilm.com
A traveler friend of mine swears by those expensive hiking clothes. He said the anti-microbial pants/shirt/underwear that you can get at REI are worth it. He swears he can get away with 2 months no shower AND not stink. Any input on that from others that have tried these anti-microbial clothes ?

sounds expensive. expensive usually means too much work.

3t87

Reaction score
i try to shower when ever offered/available, i love to drink a beer and smoke a joint when possible, when i cant shower i atleast clean the intbetweens of my toes along with my nuts with baby wipes to keep them from getting foot,crotch rot (not cool)

dharmabumpkin

Reaction score
nuckfumbertheory mentioned dr bonners and i second that. its cheap, a little goes a long way, and it can be used for litterally everything. wash your clothes, hair, and brush your teeth with it. no joke. its good stuff.

Shakou

Reaction score
Showers are good things, but aren't always available when you're on the road.. Taking a shower requires you to find someone who has one and would be willing to let you use it. It's not always that easy when traveling through places. When my husband and I were on the road, we carried a huge thing of bath wipes that we bought at Walmart for $3, and would scrub down our entire bodies. That kept the smell down big time. My husband can stand it a lot more then me, but my biggest issue is the feeling of greasy hair. I hate it, and attempting to wash it in a sink in a gas station is fucking retarded.

thisisme

Reaction score
i always have a spray bottle with a mixture of tea tree and water. i just spray it on my pits and crotch or the crotch or armpits of my clothes when i need it. Tea Tree has anti-microbial properties so it can be used on wounds too. simple but effective.

jughound

Reaction score
bmb;70956 i love taking showers said:
showers and clean cloaths definetly help a person blend in with the crowd. . I'm not the least bit crusty and cops don't pass me a second glance in town or out on the highway. not being too crusty also helps you get rides while hitching, which is kind of nice. i've only been stranded 2 times in my life i usually get picked up after only a few hours. being clean just makes a person's life easier.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads