A tribute to cats!!!

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
ta previous post made me feel like posting this one... these are my three cats, the loves of my life! They get me in a good mood whenever Im sad or angry or lonely. They do stupid shit and make wierd sounds that make me laugh. They keep me company and are very playful. I do have a g/f mind you but she comes third!! lol actually they are at her moms house, when her mom comes home from work she finds them screwing on her blankets and throws them out and it never gets old! Lets face it people, cats really are the best pets, maybe not travelingwise, but they are great at making you feel better. how about ur cats?

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Cats are definitely very special little creatures. I think that mine had a big part in me being still around. I was having some very serious problems with depression and felt like I was loosing my mind about ten years ago. I had gone back to Portland for a little while and caught this stray kitten who was living with her litter mates in a flea infested hole underneath an apartment building out in the suburbs. The mother had been someone's cat that they had abandoned when they moved out. After giving her a flea bath, getting her a kitty box and filling her tummy with food she blossomed into this very playful, loving little creature that would curl up in my arms and purr. She saw the world through such innocent, curious eyes and something in me felt very changed by her presence. It's like she let me get a glimpse of the way she see's the world and I started going through some very good changes. Unfortunately she doesn't like to travel so she usually stays with my mother when I'm not in a place where I can keep her safe. At ten years old she still acts like a great big kitten and I thank the Universe for letting me know her. Here's some pictures of her. And yes in one picture she's wearing a bra, she has a cute/annoying habit of liking to root through underwear and play with them.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
ArrowInOre said:
ok I figured to out, I was trying to upload too many pix.. Here's my cat...She is not as big as she looks. Mostly hair, trust me...When we first go ther she was intact and weighted about 8 pounds. After we got her fixed, she plumped up a bit and at her peak, weighed almost 14 pounds. But she has slimmed down a bit and is very fit and healthy 9.5 pounds.

Wow, that's big. My male cat after he got fixed plumped up to a nice 18 pounder just took him to the vet the other day...the bill with the medicine he needed came out to be over a hundred bucks, more than I would spend on my self i just go to the emergency room and never pay the bill haha. But he's well worth it.

bote

Reaction score
This is the third stanza of T.S. Eliot's Macavity: The Mystery cat. This is my favourite kind of cat.

Macavity's a ginger cat, he's very tall and thin;
You would know him if you saw him, for his eyes are sunken in.
His brow is deeply lined with thought, his head is highly domed;
His coat is dusty from neglect, his whiskers are uncombed.
He sways his head from side to side, with movements like a snake;
And when you think he's half asleep, he's always wide awake.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
This is the third stanza of T.S. Eliot's Macavity: The Mystery cat. This is my favourite kind of cat.

Macavity's a ginger cat, he's very tall and thin;
You would know him if you saw him, for his eyes are sunken in.
His brow is deeply lined with thought, his head is highly domed;
His coat is dusty from neglect, his whiskers are uncombed.
He sways his head from side to side, with movements like a snake;
And when you think he's half asleep, he's always wide awake.

I looked the whole thing up, pretty cool poem!

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i like the poem too. Ive decided after i get back from my next trip i'm stealing my friends cat and naming him Tobey. i like him because he's ticklish and likes hanging out with dogs.

Nym

Reaction score
eezgp.jpg
This is my baby boy THimble!
11kxydv.jpg

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
i like the poem too. Ive decided after i get back from my next trip i'm stealing my friends cat and naming him Tobey. i like him because he's ticklish and likes hanging out with dogs.

lmao maybe its cuz ive been drinking all day but a ticklish cat haha

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
its funny as fuck. you tickle his belly and he grabs his head with his paws and starts rolling around and kicking, but you can tell he likes it. lol

sharks77

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ahhh i love my cat more than anything!! i always take her on trips in the car with me :)
she is such a badass but shes getting kind of fat now but its okay

this is her "helping" me with my homework..... :D

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads