EphemeralStick

HoMoBo HoBoMo
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
San Jose
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Heya folks! This here is the official 2018 Rideshare Thread! If you are seeking a ride to this year's Jamboree please post your location and when you'll be looking to leave on here! If you have a vehicle and wanna pick up some folks on your way down this thread is the place where you want to post your route!

Happy trails everyone! Hope to see you there!

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
North Brisbane, Qld
Website
www.faceboook.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I'll get in first ay

Planning on driving from just north of Nelson, BC in late October...as long as my car holds up and I have some emergency cash behind me. Don't mind whether I take the PCH and go via the Bay Area and Los Angeles or go inland through NV/ID.

So, yeah, hit me up if you'r anywhere between the West Kootenays and Slabs!

Help with gas money appreciated/probs needed!

screenshot_20180608-141553-png.43634_2018 Jambo Rideshare!_StP Dirty Scouts Jamboree_Squat the Planet_2:19 PM

20180412_193156-jpg.43635_2018 Jambo Rideshare!_StP Dirty Scouts Jamboree_Squat the Planet_2:19 PM

Threads
Current Location
Portland, OR
Reactions
94% 0% 6%
I’m looking for a ride down to the Slabs from Portland, OR and back. Willing to pitch in money for gas both ways. If one can’t make it back to Portland I’m cool with being dropped off at the nearest Amtrak station they can drop me off at

-MUST BE QUEER/TRANS FRIENDLY-

Snorting Nitrons

Captain Save-A-Hobo
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Portland, OR
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Y
I’m looking for a ride down to the Slabs from Portland, OR and back. Willing to pitch in money for gas both ways. If one can’t make it back to Portland I’m cool with being dropped off at the nearest Amtrak station they can drop me off at

I will be leaving from PDX and going back afterwards. Still a lot of time for plans to change, but I'm down to get you there and back. Got room for one...or maybe another 1 or 2 in an enclosed canopy.

Snorting Nitrons

Captain Save-A-Hobo
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Portland, OR
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Y

I will be leaving from PDX and going back afterwards. Still a lot of time for plans to change, but I'm down to get you there and back. Got room for one...or maybe another 1 or 2 in an enclosed canopy.
Heads up...Tobacco will be smoked heavily in the cab the whole way. Maybe if people end up in the bed, we can take turns for comfort. Was hoping that @Molotov would be bombing down with me.

Threads
Current Location
Portland, OR
Reactions
94% 0% 6%
Heads up...Tobacco will be smoked heavily in the cab the whole way. Maybe if people end up in the bed, we can take turns for comfort. Was hoping that @Molotov would be bombing down with me.
I’d be cool with riding in the bed. Can’t handle tobacco smoke

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
North Brisbane, Qld
Website
www.faceboook.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%

I may be going via Portland, will let you know when I figure it out if you like. Tabacco free SUV. :)

Threads
Current Location
Nahunta, GA
Reactions
88% 13% 0%
I REALLY REALLY need a ride to the gathering, I feel like it will be life changing for me and my daughter, shit my whole family. She is 14 and doesn't know she is an indigo child and that I am a lightworker. I really want to connect with likeminded people. I have been trying to get to the gathering since mid June. PLEASE someone take us there...not sure we can stay for the whole time....we don't even have a tent....just our clothes....I mean, we have our rental here in Nahunta but I am sure she would agree if we found our new family we would walk away from whatever...Peace, Love and Happiness....I hope I (we) find it soon.

Thank
Deb and Mags

QUOTE="EphemeralStick, post: 255761, member: 2195"]Heya folks! This here is the official 2018 Rideshare Thread! If you are seeking a ride to this year's Jamboree please post your location and when you'll be looking to leave on here! If you have a vehicle and wanna pick up some folks on your way down this thread is the place where you want to post your route!

Happy trails everyone! Hope to see you there![/QUOTE]

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Jambo Organizer
Threads
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I REALLY REALLY need a ride to the gathering, I feel like it will be life changing for me and my daughter, shit my whole family. She is 14 and doesn't know she is an indigo child and that I am a lightworker. I really want to connect with likeminded people. I have been trying to get to the gathering since mid June. PLEASE someone take us there...not sure we can stay for the whole time....we don't even have a tent....just our clothes....I mean, we have our rental here in Nahunta but I am sure she would agree if we found our new family we would walk away from whatever...Peace, Love and Happiness....I hope I (we) find it soon.

Thank
Deb and Mags
I think you might be confusing the Dirty Scout's Jamboree for a rainbow gathering. It's not an ongoing event; we only put it on once a year. It's pretty much just a big party, and as such there will most likely be a lot of drinking, and a good amount of general rowdiness. Honestly probably not the best event to hone your lightworking skills at, as there will be CONTINUOUS distractions.

Also with the shenanigans, it might not be the most appropriate event for a 14 year old to attend.

As far as likeminded people, I'm sure you'll find a good handful of them on StP, so Welcome! :D

Dameon

Vagabond
Threads
Current Location
Northern California
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
Strongly considering going, just need a ride from Santa Rosa, California from somebody coming down the 101, or somebody going down I-5 that doesn't mind going a bit out of the way, and that'll turn from considering to definite. It'd be me, my medium-sized dog (very well behaved, used to long drives, can sit on my lap), a banjo, and pretty minimal gear. Need to take time off work, so I need a kind of definite schedule that's a week or less total, ideally leaving this area on the 8th and getting back on the 12th, but I can be a little bit flexible. Please don't screw me by offering a ride and then flaking out, and I can promise I won't flake either once we've worked out plans. I can't drive, no license, but I know Cali well, make a good navigator, and am generally pretty good company.

Threads
Current Location
MKE
Reactions
94% 3% 3%
Midwest to Slabs

Milwaukee WI to Iowa City IA. Westbound, all of Iowa on I-80. Nebraska until Kearney.

South from Kearney, western Kansas to Raton NM. Raton to Flagstaff AZ then the Slabs.

I've driven it often. Takes about forty-five minutes. No nonsense when I motor.

Threads
Current Location
The Road
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Midwest to Slabs

Milwaukee WI to Iowa City IA. Westbound, all of Iowa on I-80. Nebraska until Kearney.

South from Kearney, western Kansas to Raton NM. Raton to Flagstaff AZ then the Slabs.

Think you could pick me up in Dubuque? I will be able to help out with gas

Threads
Current Location
MKE
Reactions
94% 3% 3%
"Dubuque? That's a suburb of Platteville." I overheard that at a fuel stop and chuckled.

I am familiar with driving through Platteville, I mean Dubuque. I cross the Mississippi on the south side via Illinois Hwy. 35, left turn on 151 down to Iowa Hwy. 1. Zip down to Iowa City and Interstate 80. I dislike I-80. It is effecient but crowded.

I, of course, was kidding when I said the trip took 45 minutes or so. I don't have a Lear Jet or the like.

I'm not a weirdo in a bad sense. I'm a pleasant weirdo.

Threads
Current Location
The Road
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Midwest to Slabs

"Dubuque? That's a suburb of Platteville." I overheard that at a fuel stop and chuckled.

I am familiar with driving through Platteville, I mean Dubuque. I cross the Mississippi on the south side via Illinois Hwy. 35, left turn on 151 down to Iowa Hwy. 1. Zip down to Iowa City and Interstate 80. I dislike I-80. It is effecient but crowded.

I, of course, was kidding when I said the trip took 45 minutes or so. I don't have a Lear Jet or the like.

I'm not a weirdo in a bad sense. I'm a pleasant weirdo.
I figured you were kidding about the timing and if I was about the destination then I'd take a flight. Like I said, I've got money to help pay for gas and would be more than happy to share and pitch in for whatever supplies. Im going to see if a buddy can store my duffle bag and will just be traveling with whatever I can fit in a book bag and my guitar.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
hey folks, im trying to plan my flight and see if i can get a ride from someone from either LA or SD to the slabs for the event (and back). im trying to figure that out as soon as i can so i can buy plane tickets and request time off work...

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
North Brisbane, Qld
Website
www.faceboook.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
hey folks, im trying to plan my flight and see if i can get a ride from someone from either LA or SD to the slabs for the event (and back). im trying to figure that out as soon as i can so i can buy plane tickets and request time off work...
Hey mate,
Could do LA to Slabs, not 100% sure I could get you back to LA but a ride to is doable.

Threads
Current Location
Hollywood, FL
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Looking for ride. NW Ohio atm, but traveling westward with a friend and my dog. I have some money for gas, if anyone can arrange anything.

Threads
Current Location
Sunman, In
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Looking for a ride anywhere out of Indiana. Can cook, clean, and fix,rig about anything. Thank u

Threads
Current Location
MKE
Reactions
94% 3% 3%
I figured you were kidding about the timing and if I was about the destination then I'd take a flight. Like I said, I've got money to help pay for gas and would be more than happy to share and pitch in for whatever supplies. Im going to see if a buddy can store my duffle bag and will just be traveling with whatever I can fit in a book bag and my guitar.

Sent you an email using your STP profile address; no reply.

Are you still interested? If not, I'd like to try to muster up something on CraigsList or whatever.