2010 Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver BC Canada.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
!Reposted! Feb 2010 Anti Olympics Convergence

I also find it extremely funny that the no2010 website sells their patches for 5$ each, while bitching about capitalism on the side.

Well, there is a big difference between corporate fascism, and selling patches to offset ones costs. Much like making a movie about freight riding or something, people shouldn't need to be in the hole, because you want to support them by sporting a patch...'come on.
Now Coke is upset, because the city of VAncouver wants people to drink tapwater, vs bottled water, this despite the fact that they have been logging in the seymour, and capilano watersheds for the last 15 years or so. So much bullshit. But lets not muddy the waters by splitting hairs, selling patches is not gonna lead crusty punks down the road to corporate greed.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
!Reposted! Feb 2010 Anti Olympics Convergence

I also find it extremely funny that the no2010 website sells their patches for 5$ each, while bitching about capitalism on the side.
Well, there is a big difference between corporate fascism, and selling patches to offset ones costs. Much like making a movie about freight riding or something, people shouldn't need to be in the hole, because you want to support them by sporting a patch...'come on. But lets not muddy the waters by splitting hairs, selling patches is not gonna lead crusty punks down the road to corporate greed.

Rainbow Feather

Reaction score
I would agree with coldsteelrail. The principal of the issue is whats important, why can't we all just barter and trade? Now they could start up their own bank and accept corporate greed filled currency, but at the heist of cleaning that currency of its corporate shame. Now that I could go for. Many viable options besides corporate currency. And so you got to think why would they do that?

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Bartering doesn't pay website cost's , nor rent for communal space. Anyways, i'm not going to debate this any longer. I'm off...be safe, see you on the streets.

coldsteelrail

Reaction score
Just for the record, there was a quote from another user in my last post, and they brought up selling patches. i don't know how to quote things in boxes, so it wasn't obvious that the end of my message was a quote.

Does anti corporation mean anti-money? We all have to make the dough in this world. Usually comes in handy, and is difficult to completely do without. money is our main bartering system. Ok, our only bartering system, at this point. the no2010olympics website, is an organization and knowledge share point, and the people who made the site, obviously had some costs to cover. I don't think it's a corporation, but i don't know.
The olympics are out to make money for the corporations that run them. The corporate world is in the process of infiltrating our governments, so that under corporate law, our governments are making money to support the corporations, instead of directing money to the people who depend on government services maintaining order. The reason why we need a strong government service sector, rather than a private sector, is so there is guarenteed equal access to things that we really need to live, such as WATER, especially for those who don't have hope of finding a dime.
Most bottled water is just regular tap water, sold back to the people with a mineral pack added. Tap water is good to drink because it supports government and public accountability, rather than corporate accountability. It leads to the greater public demanding clean and healthy local resouces, and those demands being met.
what is the difference between an individual making money to eat with, and a corporation making money? aren't corporations run by people? the difference is, at the end of the day, the corporation has more money, just money, sitting there, making more money...and the person has got a pocket full of pennies, and feels hungry again.
The corporations make it impossible to utilize alternative bartering systems. A work trade and cookies don't usually pay the rent. there certainly isn't enough wild space left for everyone to bush it, and squatting isn't generally the most comfortable option.

coldsteelrail

Reaction score
torch blocking, ladder walling, violent riots, more than talking

Holy smokers, sounds like fuck the chants, and sieze the chance. Hardcore protesting, making the world and the rest of canada sit up and ask why? Better give them a good answer, no one likes to pick up glass. At least you made them think to ask. something ominous about these olympics, folks. Time to Rip it down and start again, it's good to laugh, but this isn't a joke. Clean up the streets? The government brought the olympics and they sling the dope. The keep us all drawn to sweets so our brains get soaked, and we forget to ask what freedom means, we expect to be able to buy it clean, like a brand new pair of stretchy jeans. Look around and grab what you can, a hammer, a bike chain, cause it's not the same, the riot police hold your life in a fedlock. They're scared of a bandana, wearin' an inpenitrable frame, they'll steal your life, won't be a paper crane in site. Pulling out the Semi-automatic rifles, ask yourself does this seem trifle?

http://twitter.com/councilofcdns

http://twitter.com/blunt1

http://www.no2010.com/node/1335

http://www.no2010.com/node/1336

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/about-vancouver/news/newsid=40366.html#vancouver+protest+turns+violent

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Crazy shit going on here, so many people, so much ignorance and arrogance from the games supporters. Some window smashing and such. Cops arresting people who had nothing to do with anything (besides looking subversive), because they want to show the media they are doing something about "the protester problem". A tent city starts tommorow.

LovelyAcorns

Reaction score
4352463649_41d8772acc.jpg

Am I missing something, or it that a black bloc wearing clothes that actually match for the most part? I didn't know they had those in North America, good job.

By the way, this is pretty:
4355075922_99b9d1aa6e.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads