$1 bus to new york?

M

Mouse

buszoo.com

I saw a thing about this on the local news a few days ago. and I wanted to see if anyone's heard of it.

it's a $1 bus trip from baltimore to NYC (there are other routes)

it basically seems like a SUPER cheap Chinatown bus. But you book it online in advance in order to get the tickets really cheap. $1 for the first ticket and then like $5 for each ticket after that.

seems like it'd be worth trying.

Labea

Reaction score
i'd seen something exactly like this in las vegas, but it was a 1.50 for a ride to L.A. and of course, you have to do the online booking, which we could not, for we had neither credit cards nor internet.

Imbrium

Reaction score
I have heard of alot of places that'll give you a free ride home if you have no place to go.
Also if you're a teen or like me can pass as one you can get a free greyhound ticket though 1-800-runaway.

ReturnTrip

Reaction score
oooohhhh i heard about that...its called the Bolt bus...if you schedule really early in advance like months. its about a dollar

U

UndedMethHed

i'd seen something exactly like this in las vegas, but it was a 1.50 for a ride to L.A. and of course, you have to do the online booking, which we could not, for we had neither credit cards nor internet.

you can get green cards? or wutever by visa
buy em outta walgreens and wallmart an shit
allows for total online shopping

internet
well hit up a cafe or library
most libraries cost like a buck or free
unless you need proof of address
(happens in big cities)

well idk but for $1 to nyc
id make it happen

drunken marauder

Reaction score
I always just did travelers aid.. And had a friend in destination city say they owned a construction company and were in dire need of my talents!!!!!!!!!

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
buszoo.com

I saw a thing about this on the local news a few days ago. and I wanted to see if anyone's heard of it.

it's a $1 bus trip from baltimore to NYC (there are other routes)

it basically seems like a SUPER cheap Chinatown bus. But you book it online in advance in order to get the tickets really cheap. $1 for the first ticket and then like $5 for each ticket after that.

seems like it'd be worth trying.

It's only certain days and specific times, you have to get online and book in advance to get the special fare. It's not that hard to just get out on the turnpike and hitch, although lots of folks will want more than that to help pay their tolls.

M

Mouse

well, it's no longer an offer to get the $1 bus, that was for a short time back when i originally made this post like a year ago.

but, booking in advance is still way cheaper anyhow.

but, lately i've had bad experiences with the chinatown bus in DC. they cut their DC>RVA line which is totally lame. I ended up taking Hound this last trip and it only cost about $10 more in the end.

but still, if going to NYC or such, I'll just take C'town.

i used to hitch everywhere, but right now I'm on probation and have time restrictions so I don't have that enjoyment for the time being.

wartomods

Reaction score
i like to travel by bus, last summer i traveled about 6000 kilometers by bus through whole iberia, it was awsome

nitepeepole

Reaction score
yeah, bus travel in spain is way more common than in america. i rode the chinatown bus from nyc to boston for $12 and thought i got this amazing deal but then i felt a little jipped when this austrian kid told me he rode like the peter pan bus or some shit for $10. Damn..a dollar...that'll work.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads