Your road-dog without thumbs

KEVIlgeNius

Reaction score
Knowing what I know about dogs... I am fenced about taking one of the road or not. I was wondering about anyones canine companions and there abilities on the road.

(specifically what i am refering to is a dog anxiety when it comes to not having a consistent residence.)

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
get em as a puppy and traveling becomes their normal. thats how my pup is. since im posted with her right now she acts depressed. but when we go places she's stoked. she loves camping and walking all day too. but remember to get em as a baby.

KEVIlgeNius

Reaction score
I do know alot about dog training,and any trainer I have ever spoke to about the subject will say it's a bad idea, as dog are very community based and have a natural desire to maintain a den. An old boss of mine has moved 5 times in 3 years and it usually takes his dog about 2 weeks of depression before getting settled into a new home. Not that I think no dog could handle it. Seems as though your dog is handeling it well. I do intend to get a dog as a pup, as to better assist the training I intend to do. Has anyone had the experience of a dog not being able to hobo?

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
get something like a pit or lab they are more prone to being loyal to their owner and from my experience have no problem traveling, but as ravie said get them as a pup so they get used to it at a young age.

Geoff

Reaction score
i gots myself an adolescent-ish age blue heeler. he's generally obedient and really sweet. he knows how to sit, he doesn't really know how to "stay" though (but neither do i so i can't blame him). I think he'd be a pretty good traveling buddy. but I'm not so sure I'm ready to be responsible for two on the road. I can barely take care of myself.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
My dog loves to travel and is great at the traveling part. Finding safe places for him to be when I need to be able to leave him someplace gets alot harder since there's alot of places that you can't take dogs when your in towns.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads