Would You Squat in The Old Moose Lake, MN, High School? It's Haunted! (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
sure, why not? as of 2017 though it seems like the lights were still working so id be more concerned about a real person walking up on me who works at or maintains the place then anything else.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Oh I think the building is big enough to find a good hiding place for the night.
i kinda like to shy away from places with ghost hunting crews walking around. my only gripe would be the unwanted attention from any kind of media looking for a ghost while im trying to shit in a bag in a corner.

but yea, of course id stay there if yer asking if im afraid of a ghost. im sure half the places ive slept have some kinda spooky story associated with em. i lived in richmond virginia for almost a decade on and off and if theres any city besides nola that has its share of spooky history id say rva takes the cake and ive never seen of heard anything paranormal at all that wasnt drug related.

Current Location
Cincinnati ,OH
Anyone squatting there would just re-hype the hauntness of the site...imagine hearing voices and trying to pack up and hide...they'd here footsteps voices and all the noises. Lol.

CouchPunx

Current Location
Laramie, United States
Theres a murder cabin in keddie thats been empty since the 80s, ive always wanted to try and spend a summer there. Guy killed a whole family with a clawhammer, supposedly escaped on a train

Stiv Rhodes

Pilgrim
Current Location
Seattle, WA
I would totally squat there, the electricity is on! Maybe the spooky sounds are from someone living there, hiding when the crew of ghost hunters comes. Why would an abandoned high school be haunted, was there a mass death there?

OP
DoctorZ

DoctorZ

Lurker
Current Location
Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Website
www.youtube.com
I would totally squat there, the electricity is on! Maybe the spooky sounds are from someone living there, hiding when the crew of ghost hunters comes. Why would an abandoned high school be haunted, was there a mass death there?
I have not heard of any mass killings or anything at Moose Lake School, but up along the North Shore, North of Duluth, in Grand Marais, MN, there is a woman who Channels Aliens from distant stars into her back yard. The paranormal activity has probably spread out all over the area:

Aliens on Minnesota's North Shore: Galactic receiving station opens in Grand Marais | City Pages - http://www.citypages.com/news/nordic-aliens-on-the-north-shore-a-galactic-receiving-station-opens-in-grand-marais/507692481

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
Theres a murder cabin in keddie thats been empty since the 80s, ive always wanted to try and spend a summer there. Guy killed a whole family with a clawhammer, supposedly escaped on a train
WHAT?! I've spent some time in Keddie, I would've stayed from the tracks if I knew that. You got a link or something? I'd love to see that shit.

WyldLyfe

Rambler
Current Location
Australia
I have not heard of any mass killings or anything at Moose Lake School, but up along the North Shore, North of Duluth, in Grand Marais, MN, there is a woman who Channels Aliens from distant stars into her back yard. The paranormal activity has probably spread out all over the area:

Aliens on Minnesota's North Shore: Galactic receiving station opens in Grand Marais | City Pages - http://www.citypages.com/news/nordic-aliens-on-the-north-shore-a-galactic-receiving-station-opens-in-grand-marais/507692481

Undercity

Lurker
Current Location
Wisconsin
I've been urban exploring for five years now and I have yet to see a single supernatural entity. Some spooky stuff, but all of it had logical explanations.

OP
DoctorZ

DoctorZ

Lurker
Current Location
Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been urban exploring for five years now and I have yet to see a single supernatural entity. Some spooky stuff, but all of it had logical explanations.
If you start dabbling into the Occult, you will start seeing supernatural entities. If you stay away from the Occult and Devil Worship practices, you probably won't see anything that can't be explained. An example of the occult that most don't think of is Ouija Boards, or being hypnotized, but there are many other things too.

Of course many people see weird things if they're High or Drunk too.

Desperado Deluxe

Wanderer
Current Location
51-59 W Nevada Pl, Denver, CO 80209, USA
I've squatted places that were haunted it was no bueno. Trying to sleep with weird noises going on and the feeling of something otherworldly being around you. No fun, no sleep, no good.
I'm against it and avoid places that I suspect are haunted.
The first time it happened I totally wasn't expecting it and haven't changed my mind since. It may not bother some people but then again there's usually something seriously wrong with that person that they totally refuse to acknowledge.

BradKajukenbo

Wanderer
Current Location
Redding, California
I would. Probably no different then whats going on in my house. If its not trying to cause your harm then you learn to live with it.

Here in my house we have footsteps at night in the crawl space. The door knob rattle on the bathroom door rattles. I have a few bells on the front door. It likes to play with the bells. It was hella sketchy at first but I learn to live with it.

Johny

Current Location
Las Vegas NV
Squared an abandoned children's mental hospital in Texas every one swore was haunted , was nice had beds was out of the wind and cold and could lock the door behind me and sleep without worrying about anyone coming up on me .at the time I had pneumonia and it was something like 4° outside so all those were a plus .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Finally printed up physical copies of my hitchin' story! Cover art by @spiffypairofspoons on instagram. I added some doodles and stuff to help with formatting, and I'll be carrying copies of these when my band goes on tour in the spring!

I can busk on the way, I usually let people staple their money to me with a staple gun, spit fire or perform other masochistic acts for money.
The guide told me to type my interests and shit here, help people get to know me, I made this so i could get help catching a Freight Train to Seattle and get there by the 20th of December, 2019, never hopped a train before, thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I'm tryna get to more punk shows. Actually pretty straight edge, keep my habits to shows and campfires.
lmfao!!! im figuring this desktop thing out way slow... totally different than a mobile. this site makes way more sens to navigate on a desk top... had no clue this was going to pop up on the main lmfao!!!! it does!!! always wonderd why ppl seen my shit that didnt fallow me!!!! im getting it... slowly...
anybody ride form grand junction co to slc lately? whats the ride like rn?
A Jack-of-all-trades, and a master at being MEDIOCRE
gkyuguhilhhjkbkjgyvhgcdtrs56t7y89u0ipklnbhrtyujnutrefr7yjnkihw tov hhtol
roughdraft wrote on Hobo richard's profile.
nice to have you, welcome to the forum
Matt Derrick wrote on BlowUpTrains's profile.
Hey man, where ya been?