Who lives on 2 wheels? Scooter tramp, motorcycle hobo | Squat the Planet

Who lives on 2 wheels? Scooter tramp, motorcycle hobo

D

Deleted member 22934

I've travelled like 17 states by motorcycle... I'm not talking about weekend trips or vacation time for a week once a year... I'm talking, long term. Anyways, I lived like that on and off for the past few years... I been riding motor cycles all my life, but actually living off a bike, maybe 2 years full-time... Anyways, don't really know anybody who's doing it full-time... There's quite a few on YouTube, but I don't personally know any of them... Anybody on this site, on two wheels?

brando

travelling through time and space
Reaction score
I've travelled like 17 states by motorcycle... I'm not talking about weekend trips or vacation time for a week once a year... I'm talking, long term. Anyways, I lived like that on and off for the past few years... I been riding motor cycles all my life, but actually living off a bike, maybe 2 years full-time... Anyways, don't really know anybody who's doing it full-time... There's quite a few on YouTube, but I don't personally know any of them... Anybody on this site, on two wheels?
Travelling by motorcycle right now. It's been about 2 months since I set out. Admittedly, I've ended up housed most of that time with family and friends. That wasn't the plan- I'm all geared up for camping, but I'm not one to turn down a comfy place and some side dough when it comes around.
IMG_20191118_115338162_HDR.jpg

D

Deleted member 22934

Travelling by motorcycle right now. It's been about 2 months since I set out. Admittedly, I've ended up housed most of that time with family and friends. That wasn't the plan- I'm all geared up for camping, but I'm not one to turn down a comfy place and some side dough when it comes around. View attachment 53828

ya bro, that's understandable... Just looking for folks to ride with... Im basically living here for the same reasons as you... But truth be told, I've got a few enemies in this area, and very few friends... What's state or area are you in?

D

Deleted member 22934

I did it maybe five/ six years on my Vespa!

Damn man, that puts the meaning behind the phrase, ⁿscooter tranp"... Hey if it's got two wheels and the motor runs, it's hard to beat... What state or area are you out of? Do you still have it? Are you living the nomad life or are you housed up or home bumming or what

D

Deleted member 22934

Brando, love your bike by the way... Man if you were close to where I'm at, I'd love to go exploring with you... I've never been a big fan of the baggy pants, app hangers, cut fender, gangster type... But show me a dude who's got a milk crate bolted to his rear fender and I know we could be friends... Hahaha know what I'm saying... I'm more of a saddlebags, windshield, trunk box and light weight camping gear kinda guy myself .. I love riding bikes and camping off my motorcycle... I've lived for nearly 2 years just with everything I had on my bike and camped everywhere I could along the way... On YouTube there's scooter tramp Scotty and sadle tramp and a bunch of other channels like it, and I kinda don't see my future going any other direction than Moto tramping... But it would sure make all the difference in the world to get to know some like minded folks to share the adventures with along the way

brando

travelling through time and space
Reaction score
Brando, love your bike by the way... Man if you were close to where I'm at, I'd love to go exploring with you... I've never been a big fan of the baggy pants, app hangers, cut fender, gangster type... But show me a dude who's got a milk crate bolted to his rear fender and I know we could be friends... Hahaha know what I'm saying... I'm more of a saddlebags, windshield, trunk box and light weight camping gear kinda guy myself .. I love riding bikes and camping off my motorcycle... I've lived for nearly 2 years just with everything I had on my bike and camped everywhere I could along the way... On YouTube there's scooter tramp Scotty and sadle tramp and a bunch of other channels like it, and I kinda don't see my future going any other direction than Moto tramping... But it would sure make all the difference in the world to get to know some like minded folks to share the adventures with along the way
I'm currently in the FL Keys. Scored a sweet deal doing a bit of yardwork in exchange for a stay in a vacant beach house. Where are you located?

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Do u need a license for a scooter? I don't even like em but just wondering, theres these cool bikes people ride round here some times, bush bike with motor on it but police chase ya for that, because mans law say no, but there fast an zip round. Im also interested how you guys seem to fit so much stuff on your bikes.. pushbikes mostly, they look like they got stuff poking out everywhere but ya can still ride em good, so thats good. Maybe one of you can do a write up tutorial explaining this, or know any good youtube videos.. I say this cause I may need to utilize a push bike a bit soon.. or something.. thx

D

Deleted member 22934

Do u need a license for a scooter? I don't even like em but just wondering, theres these cool bikes people ride round here some times, bush bike with motor on it but police chase ya for that, because mans law say no, but there fast an zip round. Im also interested how you guys seem to fit so much stuff on your bikes.. pushbikes mostly, they look like they got stuff poking out everywhere but ya can still ride em good, so thats good. Maybe one of you can do a write up tutorial explaining this, or know any good youtube videos.. I say this cause I may need to utilize a push bike a bit soon.. or something.. thx

If it's more than 49cc then you need insurance and license... The little 49cc will get you around the neighborhoods, but you couldn't get the highway or travel any long distances

superphoenix

Reaction score
One of my friends mopeds everywhere. My friend's about to do a cross country moto trip. And a lot of people I've met on my travels on the West Coast have put in several months living out of their motorcycles. They're out there.

I was on my bicycle full-time all this summer. You can probably find the post in my message history.

• Epic
Reactions: WyldLyfe

starfarer

Reaction score
well you do! HOWEVER at my place i havent SEEN a cop for four years! so up and down the mountain i ride a postie bike i got for thirty biucks, no headlight,tailight,front brake, indicators, seat made out of a raincoat and the back brakes are a memory !

• Epic
Reactions: WyldLyfe

starfarer

Reaction score
Damn man, that puts the meaning behind the phrase, ⁿscooter tranp"... Hey if it's got two wheels and the motor runs, it's hard to beat... What state or area are you out of? Do you still have it? Are you living the nomad life or are you housed up or home bumming or what
still got the vespa! im in tasmania near antartica, ive taken it to Quensland and back! right now im living in a shipping container, but you never know hahahaha

Reactions: brando

starfarer

Reaction score
me and teh vespa outside of a second hand shop where a 70/80 (???) yr old woman told me graphic stories of her youthful sex life in the hills around Rome on her vespa! for some reason old italians have this "thing" about telling me , when they see teh vespa, about their youthful experiences!!!

Attachments

• 17191983_134685687056594_7565122965556775189_o.jpg
    17191983_134685687056594_7565122965556775189_o.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 334

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
well you do! HOWEVER at my place i havent SEEN a cop for four years! so up and down the mountain i ride a postie bike i got for thirty biucks, no headlight,tailight,front brake, indicators, seat made out of a raincoat and the back brakes are a memory !

Good stuff brother, the police are annoying as shit, Im getting a motorized push bike, just spoke with the kid who makes em $250 for one that can go 60km hr, $400 for one that can go 100km hr apparently.. going with the first one..

Your lucky you live out in the middle of whoop whoop no where, I too enjoy the middle of nowheres and often go to those places, even tho im originally from the streets, iv been gravitating out more an more.. bit back n forth atm tho.

Last edited:

starfarer

Reaction score
Good stuff brother, the police are annoying as shit, Im getting a motorized push bike, just spoke with the kid who makes em $250 for one that can go 60km hr, $400 for one that can go 100km hr apparently.. going with the first one..

Your lucky you live out in the middle of whoop whoop no where, I too enjoy the middle of nowheres and often go to those places, even tho im originally from the streets, iv been gravitating out more an more.. bit back n forth atm tho.
I had a motorised bicycle for yonks! But in Hobart you get pulled over a lot cause most drink drivers use them!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads