Who lives on 2 wheels? Scooter tramp, motorcycle hobo (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 22934
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5
D

Deleted member 22934

I deleted myself
I've travelled like 17 states by motorcycle... I'm not talking about weekend trips or vacation time for a week once a year... I'm talking, long term. Anyways, I lived like that on and off for the past few years... I been riding motor cycles all my life, but actually living off a bike, maybe 2 years full-time... Anyways, don't really know anybody who's doing it full-time... There's quite a few on YouTube, but I don't personally know any of them... Anybody on this site, on two wheels?

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

brando

travelling through time and space
I've travelled like 17 states by motorcycle... I'm not talking about weekend trips or vacation time for a week once a year... I'm talking, long term. Anyways, I lived like that on and off for the past few years... I been riding motor cycles all my life, but actually living off a bike, maybe 2 years full-time... Anyways, don't really know anybody who's doing it full-time... There's quite a few on YouTube, but I don't personally know any of them... Anybody on this site, on two wheels?
Travelling by motorcycle right now. It's been about 2 months since I set out. Admittedly, I've ended up housed most of that time with family and friends. That wasn't the plan- I'm all geared up for camping, but I'm not one to turn down a comfy place and some side dough when it comes around.
img_20191118_115338162_hdr-jpg.53828

OP
D

Deleted member 22934

I deleted myself
Travelling by motorcycle right now. It's been about 2 months since I set out. Admittedly, I've ended up housed most of that time with family and friends. That wasn't the plan- I'm all geared up for camping, but I'm not one to turn down a comfy place and some side dough when it comes around. View attachment 53828
ya bro, that's understandable... Just looking for folks to ride with... Im basically living here for the same reasons as you... But truth be told, I've got a few enemies in this area, and very few friends... What's state or area are you in?

OP
D

Deleted member 22934

I deleted myself
I did it maybe five/ six years on my Vespa!
Damn man, that puts the meaning behind the phrase, ⁿscooter tranp"... Hey if it's got two wheels and the motor runs, it's hard to beat... What state or area are you out of? Do you still have it? Are you living the nomad life or are you housed up or home bumming or what

OP
D

Deleted member 22934

I deleted myself
Brando, love your bike by the way... Man if you were close to where I'm at, I'd love to go exploring with you... I've never been a big fan of the baggy pants, app hangers, cut fender, gangster type... But show me a dude who's got a milk crate bolted to his rear fender and I know we could be friends... Hahaha know what I'm saying... I'm more of a saddlebags, windshield, trunk box and light weight camping gear kinda guy myself .. I love riding bikes and camping off my motorcycle... I've lived for nearly 2 years just with everything I had on my bike and camped everywhere I could along the way... On YouTube there's scooter tramp Scotty and sadle tramp and a bunch of other channels like it, and I kinda don't see my future going any other direction than Moto tramping... But it would sure make all the difference in the world to get to know some like minded folks to share the adventures with along the way

brando

travelling through time and space
Brando, love your bike by the way... Man if you were close to where I'm at, I'd love to go exploring with you... I've never been a big fan of the baggy pants, app hangers, cut fender, gangster type... But show me a dude who's got a milk crate bolted to his rear fender and I know we could be friends... Hahaha know what I'm saying... I'm more of a saddlebags, windshield, trunk box and light weight camping gear kinda guy myself .. I love riding bikes and camping off my motorcycle... I've lived for nearly 2 years just with everything I had on my bike and camped everywhere I could along the way... On YouTube there's scooter tramp Scotty and sadle tramp and a bunch of other channels like it, and I kinda don't see my future going any other direction than Moto tramping... But it would sure make all the difference in the world to get to know some like minded folks to share the adventures with along the way
I'm currently in the FL Keys. Scored a sweet deal doing a bit of yardwork in exchange for a stay in a vacant beach house. Where are you located?

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Do u need a license for a scooter? I don't even like em but just wondering, theres these cool bikes people ride round here some times, bush bike with motor on it but police chase ya for that, because mans law say no, but there fast an zip round. Im also interested how you guys seem to fit so much stuff on your bikes.. pushbikes mostly, they look like they got stuff poking out everywhere but ya can still ride em good, so thats good. Maybe one of you can do a write up tutorial explaining this, or know any good youtube videos.. I say this cause I may need to utilize a push bike a bit soon.. or something.. thx

OP
D

Deleted member 22934

I deleted myself
I'm currently in the FL Keys. Scored a sweet deal doing a bit of yardwork in exchange for a stay in a vacant beach house. Where are you located?
That's bad ass bro. I'm out of Arizona...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 22934

I deleted myself
Do u need a license for a scooter? I don't even like em but just wondering, theres these cool bikes people ride round here some times, bush bike with motor on it but police chase ya for that, because mans law say no, but there fast an zip round. Im also interested how you guys seem to fit so much stuff on your bikes.. pushbikes mostly, they look like they got stuff poking out everywhere but ya can still ride em good, so thats good. Maybe one of you can do a write up tutorial explaining this, or know any good youtube videos.. I say this cause I may need to utilize a push bike a bit soon.. or something.. thx
If it's more than 49cc then you need insurance and license... The little 49cc will get you around the neighborhoods, but you couldn't get the highway or travel any long distances

superphoenix

Wanderer
One of my friends mopeds everywhere. My friend's about to do a cross country moto trip. And a lot of people I've met on my travels on the West Coast have put in several months living out of their motorcycles. They're out there.

I was on my bicycle full-time all this summer. You can probably find the post in my message history.

starfarer

Wanderer
well you do! HOWEVER at my place i havent SEEN a cop for four years! so up and down the mountain i ride a postie bike i got for thirty biucks, no headlight,tailight,front brake, indicators, seat made out of a raincoat and the back brakes are a memory !

starfarer

Wanderer
Damn man, that puts the meaning behind the phrase, ⁿscooter tranp"... Hey if it's got two wheels and the motor runs, it's hard to beat... What state or area are you out of? Do you still have it? Are you living the nomad life or are you housed up or home bumming or what
still got the vespa! im in tasmania near antartica, ive taken it to Quensland and back! right now im living in a shipping container, but you never know hahahaha

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
well you do! HOWEVER at my place i havent SEEN a cop for four years! so up and down the mountain i ride a postie bike i got for thirty biucks, no headlight,tailight,front brake, indicators, seat made out of a raincoat and the back brakes are a memory !
Good stuff brother, the police are annoying as shit, Im getting a motorized push bike, just spoke with the kid who makes em $250 for one that can go 60km hr, $400 for one that can go 100km hr apparently.. going with the first one..

Your lucky you live out in the middle of whoop whoop no where, I too enjoy the middle of nowheres and often go to those places, even tho im originally from the streets, iv been gravitating out more an more.. bit back n forth atm tho.

Last edited:

starfarer

Wanderer
Good stuff brother, the police are annoying as shit, Im getting a motorized push bike, just spoke with the kid who makes em $250 for one that can go 60km hr, $400 for one that can go 100km hr apparently.. going with the first one..

Your lucky you live out in the middle of whoop whoop no where, I too enjoy the middle of nowheres and often go to those places, even tho im originally from the streets, iv been gravitating out more an more.. bit back n forth atm tho.
I had a motorised bicycle for yonks! But in Hobart you get pulled over a lot cause most drink drivers use them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

My account finally says "Hobo"
No one can tell me I didn't earn my skank
Anyone in Minneapolis at the protest, just got back here from Duluth
Will do these posts occasionally so family and friends know we are alive and well.
Currently: in Mariposa, CA, getting ready to head to Coulterville, CA.
Always sucks to see good ppl/new friends get back on that ironhorse after getting to hangout/know, be safe friends an stay in touch! @Koala @scutellaria, maxy, Henry an well. Wish I was enroute South with y'all!
I hate my fucking back. A combination of bank bullshit and now a strained or sprained back had kept me held up in Pennsylvania. Have a place to stay, but I'm pissed at life trying to keep me off the road!
Fuck it, I'm getting a bottle
Wheat2020 wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
I'mma cut to the chase: You don't call me what I consider to be a slur or insult, and I won't call you names.
You say I should love myself and have more self-confidence. You've got it all wrong. I love myself plenty, and I know for a fact that I am capable of doing incredible things, both good and evil.
You say fake it till you make it. I'm too honest for that. Instead I will have faith in myself, and act accordingly.
These new rules for the train riding forum are ridiculous. I've been on here for 5 ish years.
MFB wrote on Older Than Dirt's profile.
Just wanted to say you look waaay better in your new avatar pic. ;) You clean up nice!
Bent123 wrote on iamwhatiam's profile.
I read your story last month about working in Alaska. I got a job in Naknek this summer. Definitely can get how it felt like jail. I fear it's really going to feel that way with this virus. We can't go into town. I'm not very happy about that since it will limit my exploring. Yet I really need the opportunity right now. Anymore advice is much appreciated.

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Fenimore