Photos - Which shoes? | Squat the Planet

Photos Which shoes?

Ticklebiscuits

Almost not here
Reaction score
The timberlands are basically new.
The brown shoes are super comfortable but very worn. I wear these to work right now.
The Tevas are new and comfortable, but when my feet sweat they tend to slide around in the shoe.
The Nikes are in good shape and very comfortable.
Not sure which one or what combination to take when I hit the road hitchhiking and whatnot.
Your thoughts?

Attachments

• 20171030_211451.jpg
    20171030_211451.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 325
Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
I personally roll with a pair of boots, and a pair of sandals.
Mine being Doc Martens, and Chacos.
If you wear the boots the majority of the time, you only have to pack sandals, which don't weigh much. It's also really nice to be able to not have to wear socks when it's hot as fuck outside.
Options!

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
Well also something to take into consideration is your socks. Now, there's "rich people" socks (haha) with thermal blend and crazy sh!t like silk & then "working man" socks which are easily attained through Cabellas but a good wool blend is great for cooler temps & then ypur basic cotton.

Think cotton for sports shoes or sneakers & wool-blend for boots.

Reactions: Ticklebiscuits

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
Well also something to take into consideration is your socks. Now, there's "rich people" socks (haha) with thermal blend and crazy sh!t like silk & then "working man" socks which are easily attained through Cabellas but a good wool blend is great for cooler temps & then ypur basic cotton.

Think cotton for sports shoes or sneakers & wool-blend for boots.
also keep in mind you will go through socks like crazy, and if wearing boots daily make sure you don't sleep in them every night boot rot is a mean bitch

Rich

Reaction score
The cheap ones if you are going for a long time. It doesn't matter the brand just get the best soles at the cheapest price. You are going to burn through shoes if you are moving. When you are a drifter nothing is permanent.

Reactions: Ticklebiscuits

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
I would pick the boots and add a pair of cheap flip flips. The boots for walking/hiking and when you need good protection. The flip flops for when you want to let your feet air out and you don't need protective footwear.

I'm basically living in my flip flops. For me the most comfortable footwear. I have some boots, though. Rarely wear them.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads