Where should I go?

Cobo

Reaction score
I want to learn how the world really is, I want to learn how to be free. College was not helping so I dropped out yesterday and am getting my shit together to leave my sheltered suburban life and be a hobo. I don't know what to do though, I've finally realized that I don't have to conform to this system, that the world is mine, but I don't know what to do with it.

I have a car, some money, some sense and good health. I'm in MA right now. What should I do? Where should I go?

Eden

Reaction score
Travel in the opposite direction of wherever you want to go and sell your car.
Throw out everything in your wallet save for an ID and a bank card. (start a new one after you sell your car)
Start walking.

mylon

Lawn Care Enthusiast
Reaction score
Step 1 flip off your parents cuz FUQ U MOM AND DAD I'M GONNA BE A 'BO AND THERS NOTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT
Step b spare change with "parents killed by ninjas" sign, hang out at drop in center all day, drink fight fuq
Step 3 ?????
Part 4 FREDOM

REAL TALK: Just get out there and do it and try to act like a decent respectable person. Take responsibilty for your own life. IMHO sell the car it's just a burden and will only hold you back.

Cobo

Reaction score
I do plan on ditching the car eventually - I bought it specifically to drive it off a cliff. Just need to find a suitable cliff first (grand canyon?). Other than that what would you recommend seeing/doing? I am definitely going to check out Chicago.

M

Mouse

hide the car, dont sell it. you'll probably want it when you give up 2 weeks from now and go back home and need to look for a real job ;)

buuuut... other than that...

start hitching. avoid crazy ppl if you can. go south. I recommend college towns... this time of year ain't so great cuz all the gullible kids will be going home for the holidays.

ashville
gainesville
richmond
baltimore
flagstaff

just to name a few

bryanpaul

Reaction score
in my opinion california(or the whole west coast) is like a training ground for travelin....laid back, only two major hwys north and south, good homeless services, easy hitchin, only a few major rail routes(as opposed to the eastside) fukkin beatiful lots of "bohemians"/subcultury stuff/hippies/wingnuts...blahblahblah.....lotso weed, besides a few places not many sketchy areas(as opposed to the east coast).....get over there....have fun on the way and hitch up and down hwy101 and 1 a bunch ...its like preschool for travelin.... have fun enjoy what neatness you can pull outta our increasingly boring society....and if yer keepin it real and honest and not bein a douchebag dont pay no mind to nobody who calls you a oogle or a greenbean(unless in good fun) or gives you shit cuz you just hit the road.... you'll run into at least SOME kids with heads on their shoulders who'll help ya get used to life on the road.....i dunno...thats one plan fo ya.....

vandalette

Reaction score
thats usually how i go about things. (state to state) Where ever i end up cool, No set destination ever but it is going to be winter soon so you picked a bad time to head out, go south to warmth.

coolguyeagle76'

Reaction score
drink four loko until you vomit, if its the same color comming up as it was going down, get a job. if not follow the direction of the vomit into the sunset. your most likely short and depressing future awaits!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads