where do the punks hang out in Vancouver? (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Erable

Aspiring journeyman
Current Location
Vancouver, BC
Get to commercial-broadway then, there's tons of punks up there. All of the punk shows tend to happen around hastings, and if you're looking for people to spange with then go to granville.

If you go up main towards 17th st to 23rd there's lots of good spots to spange. I don't know what you're really looking for persay, but go to commercial, first and foremost.

OrphXan

Lurker
Current Location
Somewhere in Canada
Commercial Drive. Try going right down grant if you are walking from the sky train towards Hastings. There's Victoria park. Also a little further down commercial there's Grand view park on your left.. I personally make money in the Granville / Robson area. There's some kids on Granville all the time but they are more the flailey homebum kids for the most part. Enjoy yourself!

Last edited:

OrphXan

Lurker
Current Location
Somewhere in Canada
Commercial Drive. Try going left down grant if you are walking from the sky train towards Hastings. There's Victoria park. Also a little further down commercial there's Grandview park on your left.
I personally go down to Grandville / Robson area to make money squeegeeing or panning. There are always some kids on Granville but they are more of the flailey homebum kid type. For the most part anyways. Have fun

Skidkidfox

Current Location
Vancouver, BC
This is a really late reply but for anyone else that may happen upon this post and be asking the same questions, Grandview park is usually cool, sometimes theres some losers but there is a rink/recreation center called the Britannia which is mainly where the punky hobos sleep and its a great sleeping place. If you walk up and down commercial drive you'll find people for sure. Granville street is not too bad, but it depends. Your best bet for locating the punks is going to Bons for breakfast. It's this really rad restaurant off Broadway (it's like a 20 minute walk from Grandview Park) they have the cheapest breakfast EVER it's like 3$ for a fuckload of food and there are seats outside where the punks usually hangout etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

I got a fresh brick of buttwipes. Who's lookin' to party?
Housing some best kind folks. Excellent musicians and great people!
Preacher wrote on Wolfs Paw's profile.
::drinkingbuddy::
Im securing a squat tonight that should be a good long term squat. Also im playing a show tonight.
Just go to Barcelona and got lost on my way to my hostel. I walked into a corner store and asked for directions, and a guy who didn’t speak any English or know anything about me pointed to where i need to go and gave me a sticker that said “Everyone hates the police!”. I’m definitely in the right place😄!
Macon for a super hot minute. Who what when where?
Finished an initial draft of a floorplan for my new van:
A lot has happened since returning to California. Just two days after returning from the road, I grew the courage to leave my abusive SO and stop hiding her abuse. I returned to my hometown in the Bay Area; I’m now going to stay housed up here until next summer as I recover from trauma and save up for my next adventure. I’ve just gotten a job offer, and will be renting a room of my own here!
I learned a lot about myself and the world on the road, but I know vagabonding is the life for me!
I never did complete an update here, did I?
Well, I rubbertramped all across the country, back from Boston with a fellow moderator from R&V. We drove from there to Las Vegas over the course of a month! I saw 4 national parks, 30 states, and crossed over 6000+ miles. I came back to Los Angeles on June 15th, having achieved my goal of hitchhiking the entire country, and was on the road for over two months.
3 weeks of CDL training starting Monday. Im so excited. Living in semi is an upgrade from living in the van, especially since your getting paid for it! Hells yea!!!

Members online