Where are some places to sleep inside during the day? ( for the winter time) | Squat the Planet

Where are some places to sleep inside during the day? ( for the winter time)

Reaction score
I'm unsure where to post this thread, so im putting this in general banter form. I'm currently staying at the shelter house, but I dont get enough sleep, havent been able to sleep for 5 days well staying, it has made my anxiety go super high because of the lack of sleep i have, I got bad social anxiety, generalized anxiety and depression.
Its hard to find places I use to squat/go too because its winter time and cold. Im having a hard time making money for cheap hotel rooms.
So im wondering of some public area's, places I could sleep during the day inside cuz its cold outside due to winter and so i can catch up on my sleep, because my sleep is important for my overal wellbeing, especially mental health being. thanks so much people.

• Agree
Reactions: japanarchist

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Airports can be good.

And it might be worth getting a chain gym membership (Planet Fitness, etc). I took a great nap in a large changing room in a gym locker room last month. And then you can shower and everything, too. And the gyms are open 24/7.

Stay safe and warm<3

Reactions: noothgrush

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Try to land a job on a graveyard shift. Or night shift. Coffee shops are good. I really don't know how the social climate is in Canada. Seems really sh*t to be outta luck there

Last edited:

noothgrush

Reaction score
Airports can be good.

And it might be worth getting a chain gym membership (Planet Fitness, etc). I took a great nap in a large changing room in a gym locker room last month. And then you can shower and everything, too. And the gyms are open 24/7.

Stay safe and warm<3
Planet Fitness can be exploited so damn well, they are in almost every city across the country and they even give away free pizza sometimes..

Dmac

Reaction score
Someone already mentioned public librarys, you can charge your phone there too.

japanarchist

Reaction score
Try college campuses and their libraries. I used to go to local ones on the regular when I needed to sleep and I never got bothered by anyone. Some public city libraries have no sleeping policies and will kick you out if they catch you so be careful.

Jackthereaper

Reaction score
Try college campuses and their libraries. I used to go to local ones on the regular when I needed to sleep and I never got bothered by anyone. Some public city libraries have no sleeping policies and will kick you out if they catch you so be careful.
Agree. I have passed out in so many university libraries. You just look like a worn out student if you dont have a giant pack.

Reactions: beersalt

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads