Where are some places to sleep inside during the day? ( for the winter time) (1 Viewer)

Childgoddess

Hometown
North Western Ontario
I'm unsure where to post this thread, so im putting this in general banter form. I'm currently staying at the shelter house, but I dont get enough sleep, havent been able to sleep for 5 days well staying, it has made my anxiety go super high because of the lack of sleep i have, I got bad social anxiety, generalized anxiety and depression.
Its hard to find places I use to squat/go too because its winter time and cold. Im having a hard time making money for cheap hotel rooms.
So im wondering of some public area's, places I could sleep during the day inside cuz its cold outside due to winter and so i can catch up on my sleep, because my sleep is important for my overal wellbeing, especially mental health being. thanks so much people.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Hometown
NY
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Airports can be good.

And it might be worth getting a chain gym membership (Planet Fitness, etc). I took a great nap in a large changing room in a gym locker room last month. And then you can shower and everything, too. And the gyms are open 24/7.

Stay safe and warm<3

Desperado Deluxe

Vagabond
Hometown
Try to land a job on a graveyard shift. Or night shift. Coffee shops are good. I really don't know how the social climate is in Canada. Seems really sh*t to be outta luck there

Last edited:

noothgrush

Pilgrim
Hometown
Seward, Alaska
Airports can be good.

And it might be worth getting a chain gym membership (Planet Fitness, etc). I took a great nap in a large changing room in a gym locker room last month. And then you can shower and everything, too. And the gyms are open 24/7.

Stay safe and warm<3
Planet Fitness can be exploited so damn well, they are in almost every city across the country and they even give away free pizza sometimes..

japanarchist

Hometown
Portland
Try college campuses and their libraries. I used to go to local ones on the regular when I needed to sleep and I never got bothered by anyone. Some public city libraries have no sleeping policies and will kick you out if they catch you so be careful.

Jackthereaper

Wayfarer
Hometown
Earth
Try college campuses and their libraries. I used to go to local ones on the regular when I needed to sleep and I never got bothered by anyone. Some public city libraries have no sleeping policies and will kick you out if they catch you so be careful.
Agree. I have passed out in so many university libraries. You just look like a worn out student if you dont have a giant pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Is there an achievement for actually making Mormon missionaries STOP talking to you?
40min outside Portland
i almost snagged the sickest steel toe cat boots just now and freddy LP got me going thru the door ugh. i leaped a hedge and got away.
I swear this guy is my role model right now. If anyone's gonna ride this out with style, it's him.

This guy with a website called "Rustic Cyberpunk", does computer stuff while living in a cabin in the woods.

You'll need a Tor browser to view his blog, though. I won't link it here because it's not a regular link, and I'm not sure if that's okay on here.
MFB
Bored and organizing travel videos.
Alaska <3
I miss being young and indestructible!
Social distancing? Try traveling - whether it is a tramp van, a train or even a bike.
Favorite thing to do during an apocalypse??
First track of one of a solid album.
This shit is getting real, under self isolation - no, it's self quarantine now - thanks to some jerk who came to the Plant knowingly sick.
He has judged himself, as for me... my locker has been emptied because I am not putting up with that bullshit.
Looks like I just decided to take an early retirement, so on to greener pastures I go......
Be safe out there, perhaps we'll meet again when times are better.

Staff online

Members online