What's the shitiest place in the US y'all have stayed? | Page 5 | Squat the Planet

What's the shitiest place in the US y'all have stayed?

Johny

Reaction score
I pretty much hated staying 3 months in a dumpster incloser across the street from the "Pawn Stars" in Vegas, absolutely 💯 hate Vegas, was there for the mass shooting , seen two ppl shot and killed on Lake mead and north Vegas Blvd and a guy beat to death with a claw hammer all on that corner .
If I never see Vegas again it will be to soon.

Jonnyboy369

Reaction score
Probably Clayton Co. Ga where I grew up. I mean, I hated it anyway but it's way up there on the shitty scale anyway. Hopeless place. I'd rather be homeless in Camden NJ than have my shit together in Clayton Co. Ga...

Jonnyboy369

Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite on the place with the shittiest people. Number one, hands down, shittiest place I've ever been, of every where I've been in this world, as far as people - MISSOULA, MT. I was working there for 20 months and rented a house so I know exactly what I'm talking about. It's fine if your skin is the tone of printer paper but anything darker and your fucked, absolutely fucked. A river may run through it but it doesn't flush out the racist shit. Norman McClean (sp?) Is right. The world is full of bastards. He was wrong in the fact that they don't multiply the farther you get away from MISSOULA, they multiply the closer you to the center of MISSOULA. I feel a rant coming on and epic would be an understatement. This rant would get me banned from this site and that state so I'll leave it with you at that. It's a beautiful, unbelievable state scenery wise but if you're the slightest but brown beware.
Yeah I've been through there alot it fucking sucks.

Boon Man

Reaction score
Well shit, searched for Fresno and I guess the only thing notable about my hometown among travelers is how shitty it is. Agreed though. Any suggestions on where I should head out to? planning on spending some time freight hopping around for my first time soon .

Tony G

Reaction score
I pretty much hated staying 3 months in a dumpster incloser across the street from the "Pawn Stars" in Vegas, absolutely 💯 hate Vegas, was there for the mass shooting , seen two ppl shot and killed on Lake mead and north Vegas Blvd and a guy beat to death with a claw hammer all on that corner .
If I never see Vegas again it will be to soon.
Vegas sucks too they moved the tracks so you can't even hop a train out of there anymore i had to sit next to a crying kid for 2 hours to reno to get out of there

SenRex

Reaction score
Gardena, CA probably, I lived there for about 5 years, lots of competition for work and sleep spots and so on around there, lots of meth RVs around, unfriendly people, and I was hearing gunshots some streets behind me every couple of weeks. maybe 4 years before I moved there the nextdoor neighbor lady was shot unlocking her door too late in the night.

It's about 12 miles south of Los Angeles.

kriminalmisfit

Reaction score
El Centro, CA is grim, it feels like everyone there looks forward to death, some good people around though. I'll also add Pueblo, CO and Tucson AZ. Gotta agree with whoever said Fresno, too. It seems like there's a corellation/causation issue with the shittier places being more overrun with hard drugs, are they shitty because they're flooded with dope or flooded because they're shitty?

• Agree
Reactions: Tif138

BatlordCarcas

Reaction score
El Centro, CA is grim, it feels like everyone there looks forward to death, some good people around though. I'll also add Pueblo, CO and Tucson AZ. Gotta agree with whoever said Fresno, too. It seems like there's a corellation/causation issue with the shittier places being more overrun with hard drugs, are they shitty because they're flooded with dope or flooded because they're shitty?
Fresno, CA mostly due to an overly conservative political climate, the more libertine areas of Fresno have always been Tower District and Downtown Fresno, yet the police state of conservative "tough on crime" (officers chase off someone for just standing on a sidewalk "too long") combined with the rampant meth epidemic and disregard of the homeless/unhoused needs have been the overall issue in the area.

Charlene Jank

Reaction score
Jacksonville, FL was a sad, confusing doosey. Started out great with some cute junk yard pups as we hopped off the train, a cash and weed kick, then an unsolicited ride from a former traveler... Then everything got really weird. Some really drunk girl flashing everyone while we were trying to busk, falling all over us, and scaring everyone the fuck away. Then former traveler dude showed back up and tried to tell us how we needed to sort our shit out bc when he was traveling he was a dope head, but now he's got Jesus, and we must obviously have something wrong with us if we're hopping trains and sleeping under bridges. From there on out every interaction was tainted in some odd way, sometimes hard to put your finger on, like there was something in the water. I got the fuck out after a few days. Only redeaming quality was the street art.

I've met people from there elsewhere and they're always strange and/or racist... No thanks. Fun fact though, apparently Jacksonville is the largest city area-wise in the entire country. It takes like fucking 2 and a half hours to bus to the beach... Silly, shitty place.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads