Whats cool in Birmingham?

bryanpaul

Reaction score
never been to birmingham....and judging by the fact that this post has been up for 5 days and no one seems to have an answer to "whats cool in birmingham ?"....dont think i'll be goin

I

IBRRHOBO

About the only cool thing in Birmingham is the view of it from your boxcar heading down the road! Ironton/Irondale yard about 20 min out is a SOB! Jimmy Hale mission is a good place to get into a fight and the firehouse free meal in the pm is a good stager for the Southbound.

Withoutatrace

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
The end of BNSF rail system south. To exit yards go to north end and cross the creek to road east. A half-mile further is a Flying J Truck Stop. Get a shower ticket off a freindly trucker - if you can find one.
Railroad security went home at three in the morning when I was there.

A free microwave in the bus station.

Labor Ready
Street: 5357 1st Ave N
Birmingham, al 35212-2401
Phone: (205) 595-8686

mandapocalypse

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sloss Furnace is badass and totally haunted.

Food Not Bombs in 5points at the satanic pentagram fountain serves food every Sunday at 1pm.
That area is packed with homebums so you are unlikely to make money busking or spanging unless you're pro.

Plenty of abandoned houses and buildings in Northside and Downtown.

I know a spot I've brought 2 friends to and they've made $100-$185 an hour flying a sign.... All that old Alabama money and Christian guilt.... My best pal's first kickdown was from an old woman wearing pearls, gave her a $50 and said "God bless you sweetie-pie!" Hahahaa.

I live in a punk house in B-Ham, we do shows (crust, metal, punk), garden, cook badass dumpstered vegan food constantly, but after being fucked over too many times and being disrespected I am unlikey to take you in unless someone I know can vouch for you. Sucks it has to be that way but I'm getting fucking jaded as I get older and my patience with idiotic shitheads is gone.

the wizard

Reaction score
i'm from bham, it is boring and full of shit heads. it used to have one of the best non profit diy venues in the southeast called cave 9 and after that got shut down goodbye fun. depending on where you're going there are some easy ass catchout spots. if you wanna go south go to morris ave sweet bridges and homebum camps to chill at and wait.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads