What to bring to Slab City

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@Cornelius Vango , I was hoping you'd catch that one quickly.

On a note that is semi-related to this thread, The OP actually did come by, like a month ago. He was actually pretty chill. I think that just the way he worded his questions on here, he came across as ignorant, but in real life he was more asking as a matter of ETIQUETTE. I found him to be quite respectful in person.

zed

Reaction score
@Cornelius Vango , I was hoping you'd catch that one quickly.

On a note that is semi-related to this thread, The OP actually did come by, like a month ago. He was actually pretty chill. I think that just the way he worded his questions on here, he came across as ignorant, but in real life he was more asking as a matter of ETIQUETTE. I found him to be quite respectful in person.
Good man. Thanks for the update.
Frankly, I'm not surprised that he was cool and y'all had a good time :)

It's amazing how fast someone's curiosity turned into a seemingly one-sided shitstorm flamewar.

As some real-ass travelling hobo Americans, I personally don't know why someone wouldn't embrace their Government-recognized, God-given right to live AND to use tools for that purpose such as self-defense and survival...

Alas, I think unfortunately I'm biased against California and California law ::stop:: so I won't get a chance to see this amazing place (Slab City) or the state again. but I don't hold any misgivings towards these people in Slabs, or Cali, or anyone for that matter soooo y'all have fun doin' you!! :thumbsup:

Reactions: roughdraft

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
...Alas, I think unfortunately I'm biased against California and California law ::stop:: so I won't get a chance to see this amazing place (Slab City) or the state again...

Lol. You almost make it sound as if you've been banned from the state! :D

Yeah, the laws are "meh", but at least we're not Texas! ::hilarious::

You really SHOULD check this place out sometime, though.

Reginald THusteronteroser

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
if your under the age of 21 DO NOT GO TO SLAB CITY! if you are aged 21+ and your coming out to slab city I highly recommend to bring a pistol or a shotgun with you! There are Aton of robbers and they have knifes they will not hesitate to stab you so you should not hesitate to shoot they will invade your camp in the night and even go inside your tent with you in it! overall just don't even go to slab city its a terrible place and it has nothing good to offer its not good to make a Youtube video there either because the chances of you getting killed are very high you may have heard over 50+ people were murdered there WRONG! since 2019, 731 tourist have been murdered in slab city and it hasn't even been 3 years.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
if your under the age of 21 DO NOT GO TO SLAB CITY! if you are aged 21+ and your coming out to slab city I highly recommend to bring a pistol or a shotgun with you! There are Aton of robbers and they have knifes they will not hesitate to stab you so you should not hesitate to shoot they will invade your camp in the night and even go inside your tent with you in it! overall just don't even go to slab city its a terrible place and it has nothing good to offer its not good to make a Youtube video there either because the chances of you getting killed are very high you may have heard over 50+ people were murdered there WRONG! since 2019, 731 tourist have been murdered in slab city and it hasn't even been 3 years.
This statement is so blatantly and hilariously false, that I have banned the user account for trolling.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
260+ murders a year, wow! That's almost a killing every day! Are there even 260 people that live there during the hot months? With those statistics you'd have about a 178% chance of getting dead in the summer and probably about what.. a 26% chance in the winter? Lol.. Did this idiot even think this shit through? Fail troll is fail.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Are there even 260 people that live there during the hot months?
Slab City dwindles to less than one hundred people during the summer (due to the extreme heat) so dividing up 260 murders between the off season and the on season, I don't think there would be anyone left after the summer months. Just a bunch of snowbirds coming back to a ghost town filled with dead bodies everywhere. That hasn't happened yet, so I think it's safe to ignore this guy's murder 'statistics' :p

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads