What classifies someone as a "slut"? | Page 7 | Squat the Planet

What classifies someone as a "slut"?

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
Nothing
I really hate slut shaming. I've had a lot of sexual partners but it doesn't make me a bad person. I communicate my "relationship style" to people I sleep with. Not everyone is down with poly but most people are down with one night stands. Which has lead me to the larger number of folks I've had to pleasure to fuck.

I also have only ever gotten a STD once in my life. People seem to think that if you "sleep around" you are full of diseases. Do you know who gets STD's? People who don't practise safer sex. Doesn't matter if you've slept with 1 person or 100 if you don't practise safe sex your at risk.

• Sad
Reactions: Matt Derrick

hobopoe

Reaction score
Website
punkypoe.tumblr.com
I have stopped telling partners about my history. Apparently the term "slut" doesn't apply to just the women folk. And do they ever get enthused about using the term once they start using it.

Hylyx

Reaction score
YOU.
You deciding to classify someone as a slut classifies them as a slut. The trick is, that classification only applies to how you see them, and no one cares about your shitty opinions.

Reactions: hobopoe

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Only Arbiters of Morality get to use this term. Arbiters are the High Priests of American secular society: they allocate shame and judgment wherever it is due, in order to regulate opinions and behavior according to their personal ethos.

Last edited:

iflewoverthecuckoosnest

Reaction score
I feel like many of the folks on the first page of this thread already covered things pretty thoroughly.

There have been times in my life when I was into casual hook ups. Right now I'm not. Been single for over a year, as a matter of fact. I don't consider either phase of my life to be anyone's business but my own. I was always ethical with my "sluthood".

If I wanted a hookup, I was straightforward about my lustful motivations as to avoid hurting anyone. If I was in a relationship, I never, ever even remotely considered cheating. I am a good person. Sometimes I'm a good person who wants lots of sex with no strings attached, sometimes I am a good person in a committed relationship, and right now I am a good person who has not found another good person she wants to share her life with.

The main thing that irritates me now is the "nice guy" syndrome, which I think arises from a similar mechanism as slut labeling. Fucking can't stand when an entitled nice guy gets passive aggressive with me because I didn't want to be his fucktoywifemaid, but that's another rant for another time.

To sum it up; as long as everyone involved in a sexual act is okay with it, and no one is cheating or lying about their motivations for having sex, it's no one's business but those involved. I don't care what people do in their own bedrooms, cars, sex dungeons, etc. etc.

Reactions: DuHastMich

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads