Well howdy do, ya'll | Squat the Planet

Well howdy do, ya'll

snailormoon

Reaction score
Heyyo,
I'm Chris. If you couldn't tell by my username, I like snails. I actually don't really care about sailor moon, though.
I'm 22 and living in central Cali.
I've found myself in an interesting transitional period in my life, caught between a desire to explore the world and a fear of the unknown (and the fear that my life will never change and I'll be stagnant forever!)
At the moment I'm looking for an opportunity to travel and experience new places, people, etc. If you're musically inclined, love animals, and generally not a dickwad, then we'll probably get along just fine.
If you're the busking type, I can possibly accompany you vocally or ukulele-ly.
I'm no experienced traveler. Maybe I'll find that it's entirely not for me, or maybe I'll have my fill of adventure and decide to return to the daily grind. Maybe I'll go to college or some shit. Who flippin knows.
I'm not entirely sure of what's in store for me yet, but one thing I'm sure of is that there's bound to be someone out there who feels the same- that is, utterly confused about life but seeking to find their place in the world, if there is one. Wow that just got fuckin deep dude.
Nice to meet ya'll.

tl:dr Hi I'm Chris, I'm a noob , what's up.

DooDoo the Voodoo Shaman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Don’t wanna sound the typical OLDER person but when I was 22 I was SOOOO FUKn lost trying to fit into SOCIETY and be loved by everyone... So pls for the lost ones go into the world and share what U learn...

Stoned Meadow of Doom and Stoned Meadow of Doom 2... I just found that channel on YouTube they post New Music from all types of unknown bands(well atleast to me) its awesome I promise... it’s new to me and I love to share... o yea welcome...

Reactions: snailormoon

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Any idea where you want to go? Or when?

D

Deleted member 26656

As long as you're below the 20 corridor (whether by freight or other), you should be ok. Winter travel is the best, but make sure you have a sleeping bag rated down to 20 degrees. (Most of the time though it's warmer than that, but I find that works best).

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
You could come down to New Orleans for the 2019 jamboree...

snailormoon

Reaction score
I like the honesty in your introduction, a lot of people like to front, you just said what ya felt. Me and my wife live in Winnemucca, NV if your travels bring you this way, well now ya know, friends may be here...
I guess I figure, why lie or try to make myself look badass. I'm just as lost as anyone, and that's just how it is. I'm no experienced freight hopper, or hitchhiker, or traveler of any kind. I'm not trying to become the crustiest of the crusts (not saying there's anything wrong with that) or reach some sorta status among vagabonds. I'm just ready to go out into the world and explore and meet like-minded individuals. And hell, maybe some people of opposite opinions that can give me perspective on my own thoughts. Wherever that takes me, it'll take me. And whatever decisions I make for myself I'll make them. Life has always seemed so damn complicated to me, but in the end it can be pretty simple. I've always been crippled by the expectations of others, and even more-so my expectations of myself. I'm damn tired of that shit.
Sorry for the rant, and I appreciate the kindness man :) If I'm ever headed that way I'll give ya a holler for sure.

Hudson

Reaction score
My buddy Johnny Ray was from bakersfield theres a memorial to him at the train station on the bench. Miss him something fierce.

Welcome to the forums, I'm not sure when I plan on leaving this behind for awhile but its itching me and I can feel it like an old wound telling me to go. Wanderlust is a pain.

Been saving up and don't know if i want to go east before south or just go south.

Reactions: snailormoon

snailormoon

Reaction score
My buddy Johnny Ray was from bakersfield theres a memorial to him at the train station on the bench. Miss him something fierce.

Welcome to the forums, I'm not sure when I plan on leaving this behind for awhile but its itching me and I can feel it like an old wound telling me to go. Wanderlust is a pain.

Been saving up and don't know if i want to go east before south or just go south.

My condolences for your friend, dude!
Where ya hoping to end up?

Hudson

Reaction score
Ultimately I want to end up in South America but I have alot of business i need to take care of here first. But the national forests would be a good goal.

Where are you hoping to go in the pnw? It gets awfully cold in the winter.

I was stationed down where you are in Fort Irwin off the 58 when I was in the military. Bakersfield is a decent place as far as cost of living goes in California. Was thinking of heading down there before the weather turns to visit friends in tehatchapi. When are you leaving?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads