Waiting to leave... Sick of Sarasota | Squat the Planet

Waiting to leave... Sick of Sarasota

Maki40

Reaction score
Personally, I think Sarasota is a good place to spend the winter. I was there last year during the polar vortex and it was like mid 80s and sunny.
Anyway, if you want to move north there are city buses that will take you to Tampa for less than $10. I don't recommend Tampa or Jacksonville or Panama City. I've heard good things about Pensacola and New Orleans. Tallehasse area is ok. Not too cold or too hot.
Probably depends on what you like to do on where to go though. Florida is Florida no matter where you go. Palm trees, skeeters, and cops.

D

Deleted member 26656

Considering im in a house, doesnt matter either way. The people here are ignorant shits. Not one person ive met in this state is a good person.
I agree, but most of America are ignorant shits in my opinion.
Still better than Florida where there's too many home bums, drugs, et cetera

D

Deleted member 26656

Most americans, yea. Most people worldwide, yea. But sarasota is for sure a winter stay. Warm bro, warm
Like I said, if you just had better gear... That being said though, some people do get cold more easily than others I actually personally really like weather in the 50s during the day, and 30s at night

D

Deleted member 14481

Well, if you're willing to come up to Minnesota, come on up! A lot of free food, as I'm sure you already know.

I hear Iowa's pretty good. Maybe not as good as MN, but still good. If you go to GA, I would suggest Athens, but it's spread out, so have transportation costs figured out. Athens GA has a nice, strict winter shelter. Some places that will let you hang out all day if you buy something, a waffle house if you would rather find somewhere to sleep during the day. They have a free botanical garden (you have call the public transit to take you out there and pick you up, but it doesn't go out there normally). A great flagging spot (you'll need to take a bus).

If you're not dead set on GA, but you would rather not come back to the mid-west, I personally suggest New Mexico. Albuquerque has a lot of resources, but not much to do. You can get to Santa Fe for cheap, though. I can't suggest AZ - at least, not right now.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads