2018 Jamboree - Volunteers Needed For Jamboree 2018 | Squat the Planet

2018 Jamboree Volunteers Needed For Jamboree 2018

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2018 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
It's that time again! We're looking for volunteers to help with the general operations of this year's Jamboree! Keep in mind that these duties are all very flexible and nothing is set in stone. This is just a list of the general tasks that will help the event run smoothly. If you are interested or have any questions please reply to this thread!

For Setup there are:
  • Gather fire wood.
  • Town Supply Runs.
  • General Cleaning.

For during the Jamboree:
  • Kitchen Clean up Crew
  • Garbage Duty (switching out garbage bags, taking out bar trash, etc.)
  • Morning Town Run Drivers*
  • Slab City Exploration Drivers**
  • General security
  • Quick Morning Library Cleaning (Clean Quickly, Get Fed Faster!)
For after the Jamboree:
  • Kitchen Clean Up Crew
  • Garbage Haulers
  • Recycling Haulers
  • Library Deep Cleaning; sweeping, shelving, dusting, surface wiping, etc.
  • Campsite cleaners

*Morning Drivers will need to have a vehicle and leave at approximately 8am on Friday, Saturday Sunday. To avoid prolonged waiting we're asking that everyone who wants to go into town be ready to leave at 8am

**Volunteers will need to have a vehicle and be willing to leave at the specified times.

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
Ill be there for sure to help out. Cant wait for my 3rd year going to this. Its always a blast. Also for volunteering, due to the fact the chamber of commerce is officially no longer able to give free water, having people who can go on large water hauls would be really important too.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Ill be there for sure to help out. Cant wait for my 3rd year going to this. Its always a blast. Also for volunteering, due to the fact the chamber of commerce is officially no longer able to give free water, having people who can go on large water hauls would be really important too.

yay, can't wait to see you out there! i forgot about how the water thing changed recently...

Reaction score
Very excited for the Jambo! I had a great time at last year's Jambo and will absolutely be there for this one. I will come with a vehicle, and can make supply runs and do anything else that requires a vehicle. I'm also down to help out with anything that is needed, cleaning, cooking, repairs to the library, etcetera.

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
I will certainly need room in my bed for goods and dirty kids and stuff, but if there is a need for particular battery-powered tools or hand tools, lemme know. Circular saw, fein tool, angle grinder, sawzall, drill/impact, etc. Anything else I have requires electricity.
I can also bring screws, nails, what else?
@EphemeralStick @Cornelius Vango @VikingAdventurer @Matt Derrick
Think about potential fixit projects and we'll see if I can bring the necessary tools and/or materials.
Maybe just message me, so we don't clog up this thread with logistical details.

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
if there is a need for particular battery-powered tools or hand tools, lemme know. Circular saw, fein tool, angle grinder, sawzall, drill/impact, etc. Anything else I have requires electricity.
I can also bring screws, nails, what else?

Think about potential fixit projects and we'll see if I can bring the necessary tools and/or materials.
Maybe just message me, so we don't clog up this thread with logistical details.

We are not going to be worrying about any sort of building or maintenance projects during the party, as there will be a lot of other things to be dealing with. Andrew might have some better ideas about things that may need to get quick fixes before the party, but he will likely have all the main stuff taken care of, and I'll be back well before the party as well. There are a few larger projects that we'll be working on after the party and through the winter season as we always do.

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
We are not going to be worrying about any sort of building or maintenance projects during the party, as there will be a lot of other things to be dealing with. Andrew might have some better ideas about things that may need to get quick fixes before the party, but he will likely have all the main stuff taken care of, and I'll be back well before the party as well. There are a few larger projects that we'll be working on after the party and through the winter season as we always do.
Sounds reasonable. I'd love to arrive early and stay late help with shit.
I guess I'll know more precisely as it gets closer.
I didn't even have a tent when I went last time, I'm excited to offer up tools/services this time. Thanks for the heads up, though.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
@CaptainCassius basically we need people with vehicles to transport other people around slab city as well as the surrounding salton sea areas. Drivers will not need to be familiar with the area, just willing to be chauffeurs.

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
We're going to need drivers and vehicles for our traditional exploratory outing to somewhere neat near slabs during the weekend, which is yet to be decided, and also for the daily supply run on all three days, which will probably be done in the late morning.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Plant Exploration Excursion...

on the inside / outside end of the jambo?

Attachments

• IMG_20180701_191321.jpg
    IMG_20180701_191321.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_20180701_191325.jpg
    IMG_20180701_191325.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 323
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads