Vehicle towed for sleeping in it?

Will Wood

Reaction score
Sadly, I learned that in Sedona it is illegal to sleep on public property. And I was told they tow the vehicle and ticket the sleepyhead.. Walmart's aren't that good anymore either..

PatchTwist

Reaction score
There are a few websites and apps that can point you to various free parking/camping areas, even specifically Walmarts.

wickedwench

Reaction score
Website
www.fireandsliceproductions.com
I've slept under "No Overnight Camping" signs plenty of times in our cargo trailer. I've even been given tacit permission by shop owners when the signs were posted due to local laws. It's a bit of a blur. We try to stay outside the city since there is so much public land out there to stay on anyway, but when in a city we will check AllStays.com for reports on the local Walmarts (most still allow sleeping, its just at the local manager's discretion), look for nearby Cabela's or similar. We've slept at construction sites too. You basically just have to figure on where you are likely to actually be rousted.

I've never heard of an arrest/tow unless the vehicle couldn't move. I've been doing this for nearly two years now, and nobody I know has seen that either. You usually will get rousted instead. If your vehicle is disabled and you are parked illegally, you may have a problem. If your vehicle might end up disabled, most auto shops will let you sleep in their lot while they fix it. This works especially well if you tow a trailer (we use a cargo trailer as stated above).

Reactions: Will Wood

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads