Photos - Van Living In Orlando | Squat the Planet

Photos Van Living In Orlando

Carlvanguyrios

Reaction score
After living in the van in Minnesota for 4 months, I drove it down to Orlando with all my belongings and started staying with some friends. We were going to sign a lease together but at the last minute they started abusing coke and being mean to me so I split. No problems with people who do coke but, ya know, be nice about it.

Anyways now I'm about a month back into the trusty ol freedom machine and I am so grateful things worked out the way they did. Orlando has plenty of places to camp and I'm enjoying all the exploration and people meeting I'm doing. Here's some cool pics.

Attachments

• P1030486.JPG
    P1030486.JPG
    498.6 KB · Views: 476
  • P1030425.JPG
    P1030425.JPG
    653.8 KB · Views: 441
  • P1030500.JPG
    P1030500.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 414

Carlvanguyrios

Reaction score
So what kind of places are you using for parking? I'm thinking about taking my bus down to Florida for the winter but I've been under the impression that it's hard to free camp there.

I haven't had any issues camping here at all. It doesn't hurt that I'm extremely social and a server. Sometimes that lands me a camping spot in someone's driveway after a few drinks. However, pretty much everywhere I've been, Wal Mart is my go-to. There's a lot of great ones to camp at in Orlando. Some of them even have a security guard driving around all night. I've almost grown to prefer this over someones driveway because you don't have to worry about waking them up at 4 am when you awake and need to take a gigantic poo.

Right now I camp at one that's right next to my gym where I work out and shower. And it's like a block from my restaurant job. I honestly don't think I'd move my van much at all if I didn't have to. I'm just always concision of not overstaying my welcome. Especially at a good camping spot like this.

Reactions: Dmac

Carlvanguyrios

Reaction score
Definitely dodged a bullet, I'm from central Florida and I can assure you Orlando is not somewhere worth signing a lease. At least get out to the coast man! Don't leave without visiting St Augustine

Dude I've been craving the coast hard. I'm trying to get out of some debt right now and stick it out in Orlando for at least a year since I've landed 2 decent jobs and should be able to get out of debt if I can somewhat learn to control my love for bars and socializing.

If I can break away from Orlando for a few days, maybe with a girl or something, I'd love to check out St. Augustine though! What should I do/ see there??

Chazten

Reaction score
Dude I've been craving the coast hard. I'm trying to get out of some debt right now and stick it out in Orlando for at least a year since I've landed 2 decent jobs and should be able to get out of debt if I can somewhat learn to control my love for bars and socializing.

If I can break away from Orlando for a few days, maybe with a girl or something, I'd love to check out St. Augustine though! What should I do/ see there??

That may be tough in a town like Orlando, where everyone in a 100 mile radius usually comes to Orlando specifically to get fucked up and spend money! But good luck :) and if you do go that way check out the downtown area, it's the oldest city in the us so tons of history and it's just a really chill beach town. Nearby Amelia island has some nice camping(fee camping unfortunately though)

• Useful
Reactions: Carlvanguyrios

Carlvanguyrios

Reaction score
That may be tough in a town like Orlando, where everyone in a 100 mile radius usually comes to Orlando specifically to get fucked up and spend money! But good luck :) and if you do go that way check out the downtown area, it's the oldest city in the us so tons of history and it's just a really chill beach town. Nearby Amelia island has some nice camping(fee camping unfortunately though)
Dude I spent yesterday in St Augustine. Thank you so much for recommending it. I absolutely love the vibe. My van broke down so I spent the night at tire kingdom and didn't get to go out, but I can't believe how pretty it is here and how nice the people are.
P1030534.JPG
P1030527.JPG
P1030540.JPG

Reactions: Kabocha

Chazten

Reaction score
Reactions: Carlvanguyrios

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads