1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. If you're new to the world of underground travel, you should check out The Anarchist's Guide to Travel! This 243 page book is a how-2 manual of everything you need to know about exploring the world through hitchhiking, train hopping, bike touring, rubber tramping, sailing, and more! Included in this book are instructions on how to survive on the road (gear, food, money, etc) and answers all of the most common questions we get here on StP in one easy reference. Save yourself hours of searching the forums while still supporting the StP community! Click here for more information!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Photos Van Living In Orlando

Discussion in 'Van Dwelling / Rubber Tramping' started by Carlvanguyrios, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Carlvanguyrios

Carlvanguyrios Appreciated Participator

Achievements:
    Waiter
    Address:
    Minneapolis, MN, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    After living in the van in Minnesota for 4 months, I drove it down to Orlando with all my belongings and started staying with some friends. We were going to sign a lease together but at the last minute they started abusing coke and being mean to me so I split. No problems with people who do coke but, ya know, be nice about it.

Anyways now I'm about a month back into the trusty ol freedom machine and I am so grateful things worked out the way they did. Orlando has plenty of places to camp and I'm enjoying all the exploration and people meeting I'm doing. Here's some cool pics.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  2. Dmac

Dmac Completely Addicted

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    this and that
    Address:
    Omaha, NE, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +768 / -10
    the problem with roommates, is that sooner or later there will be problems. you dodged a bullet. you've got a good setup, go and experience some of what's out there.

• Like Like x 3
  3. MamaSow

MamaSow Hungry for Knowledge
    StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Wanderer
    Ratings:
    +45 / -0
    Great rubber tramp adventures to you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Chazten

Chazten is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Address:
    Colorado Springs, CO, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +17 / -1
    Definitely dodged a bullet, I'm from central Florida and I can assure you Orlando is not somewhere worth signing a lease. At least get out to the coast man! Don't leave without visiting St Augustine

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Wild Ty Laserbeam

Wild Ty Laserbeam Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    Address:
    Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    So what kind of places are you using for parking? I'm thinking about taking my bus down to Florida for the winter but I've been under the impression that it's hard to free camp there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Carlvanguyrios

Achievements:
    Waiter
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    I haven't had any issues camping here at all. It doesn't hurt that I'm extremely social and a server. Sometimes that lands me a camping spot in someone's driveway after a few drinks. However, pretty much everywhere I've been, Wal Mart is my go-to. There's a lot of great ones to camp at in Orlando. Some of them even have a security guard driving around all night. I've almost grown to prefer this over someones driveway because you don't have to worry about waking them up at 4 am when you awake and need to take a gigantic poo.

Right now I camp at one that's right next to my gym where I work out and shower. And it's like a block from my restaurant job. I honestly don't think I'd move my van much at all if I didn't have to. I'm just always concision of not overstaying my welcome. Especially at a good camping spot like this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Carlvanguyrios

Achievements:
    Waiter
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    Dude I've been craving the coast hard. I'm trying to get out of some debt right now and stick it out in Orlando for at least a year since I've landed 2 decent jobs and should be able to get out of debt if I can somewhat learn to control my love for bars and socializing.

If I can break away from Orlando for a few days, maybe with a girl or something, I'd love to check out St. Augustine though! What should I do/ see there??

8. Chazten

Achievements:
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +17 / -1
    That may be tough in a town like Orlando, where everyone in a 100 mile radius usually comes to Orlando specifically to get fucked up and spend money! But good luck :) and if you do go that way check out the downtown area, it's the oldest city in the us so tons of history and it's just a really chill beach town. Nearby Amelia island has some nice camping(fee camping unfortunately though)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Carlvanguyrios

Achievements:
    Waiter
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    Dude I spent yesterday in St Augustine. Thank you so much for recommending it. I absolutely love the vibe. My van broke down so I spent the night at tire kingdom and didn't get to go out, but I can't believe how pretty it is here and how nice the people are. P1030534.JPG P1030527.JPG P1030540.JPG

10. Chazten

Achievements:
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +17 / -1
    Sorry to hear about the van! But hell yeah man I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spider Tempura

Spider Tempura Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    Address:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    One would be surprised at how easy it is to sneak into those themeparks, especially universal. As long as walmarx has the free parking for rvs n such policy youre good for parking, just move around daily or between different locations. If you are feeling invincible than you can zip past the parking arm behind another vehicle and park in a universal hotel lot, get a free boat ride or bus ride into city walk. I know someone kept they truck parked at cabana bay lot for several months, they just moved every few days to different parking spot.

• Epic Epic x 1
  12. angerisagift

angerisagift Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    Address:
    Greeley, CO, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +491 / -25
    @Carlvanguyrios Cocoa Beach is sweet too. Also Alexander springs near Ocala is bitchin too. Safe travels

• Like Like x 1