Van, bus or trailer? | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Van, bus or trailer?

Dutch

Reaction score
I'm on my second mini van. Not ideal. Not even as cool as a full size van as far as comfort goes..

But my thing is stealth. A dodge caravan might as well be invisible. Can park anywhere and look like a fuckin soccer mom.

SneakyWeasel

Reaction score
I live in an '85 Grumman step-van I converted. It has a 14' box and is pretty skookum. It's SUPER easy to work on (one of the bonuses of being designed for commercial use) and I could remove the tranny without leaving the vehicle by unbolting the floor! Flat glass makes replacement a breeze, any window shop that sells safety glass can do it, and it's extremely roomy. I get between 7-8 mpg, but that's mostly because it runs on propane (doesn't have high compression heads/pistons to make up for the power loss), I've got a ton of weighty shit, and it has a TH400 tranny. It would be nice if it had a 4-5 speed manual in it, but wishes and fishes.
One thing I'm contemplating doing is swapping in a Detroit Tru-trac differential in the rear; 4 m&s tires hooking up in the rear would give unreal traction!

edit: I forgot to add that it's pretty stealthy, looking like a general contractor's vehicle.

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Yesterday met some guy living outta this, it was like a trailer but a house, very unique and original but gets peoples attention, had a bed and shelf's inside, wool on inside of roof, he was a nice fella said he been rubber tramping for four years now.

CT2.jpg

CT.png

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads