Um, Hello!

Reaction score
What to say? 29 years old, been under-employed to unemployed for about a year-survived near homelessness and starvation, and trying to stay afloat in an unsustainable, fucked up society. vegetarian, dumpster-diver, daydreamer, nature-lover, occasional toker (rarely drink, no hard drugs unless you count mushrooms on special occasions), anarchist, avid reader.

Subcultural identity seems really pointless to me-you probably couldn't tell much from looking at me, but talking to me I could tell you I freely mix with all sorts of people and am freak friendly.

I am generally pretty easygoing, but I take life as worth living actively, despite my limitations on being able to fully enjoy it.

I haven't hitched or hopped before, but have couch-surfed and roadtripped a lot in the past, and am looking to do so again when I can. Arizona is one of my favorite places in the world, and I would love to get out there again and camp and hike. I want to get out to Oregon and maybe Vancouver/BC while my passport is still good.

I am mainly wanting to network with people to share survival tips and resources, travel ideas and tips, diy stuff, etc.

I'm trying to get back to Austin, TX, where I used to live, so anyone with tips on jobs and cheap/rent or coop housing (even better)please hit me up. I live in Katy, TX right now while my GF goes to paralegal school and followed her hoping to work here for a while. Well, there's no jobs and this place is a shithole.

I have a few hobbies, mainly making mix cd's, hiking and camping, and making beaded stuff.
I like
Nature
Anarchist theory
Good books
Good conversation
Herb
Music (see below)
Travelling
CSA's and small farms
Vegetarian and Vegan food
Philosophy
Stargazing
Animals, particularly dogs
Free parties, renegade outdoor psytrance parties
Art
Zines
Not paying for shit
Bikes (I need a new one)
Coffee
Dark Rum
Beer
I dislike
Capitalism
Consumerism
Sexism, Racism, Classism and all forms of domination.
Hard drugs (especially METH)
Flakey people
Attitude problems
Drunk imbeciles
Paying out the ass to save my ass
Overly preachy people
Scenesters
Immature people
Environmental destruction.
FUCKING ASSHOLE COPS.
Conservatives
Religion (especially Christianity)
Music
Folk Music
60's-70's singer songwriter stuff
Bluegrass
Free Jazz
Post-Rock
Punk
Some Hardcore
Really heavy mostly instrumental metal, like Isis.
Breakcore
Some Industrial
Darker psytrance (ask me about it-it's amazing music)
IDM/Glitch
Ambient/Dark Ambient
Dub/Reggae
Stuff like Dead Prez, Atmosphere, KRS One, Talib Kweli
World Music, particularly African, Cuban, some Flamenco.
Dubstep

Austin folks add me and stuff, please. Houston people too.

muppet

Reaction score
hey.
i feel y'all, katy/houston = :borg:

i was in austin in 2007 for south by. plus and minus a few months, ha. good luck gettin' it.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
hey.
i feel y'all, katy/houston = :borg:

i was in austin in 2007 for south by. plus and minus a few months, ha. good luck gettin' it.

yeah screw houston, Im here right now about to get the hell out of dodge man highly over rated on a lighter note, welcome to StP Hope to learn some cool stuff from you, based on what you wrote

Reaction score
I lived in Austin for like 5 years or so, and can give anyone plenty of info about the place if needed-anarchist projects, monkeywrench infoshop, good/bad areas of town, cheap food, etc.

Reaction score
No, on the contrary, music is the only thing keeping me sane these days..hehe.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads