Two Years of Traveling From 2015 to 2017 | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Two Years of Traveling From 2015 to 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 25986

Also for the record, I don't think @Faceplant was all that brutal in his honesty. True, he doesn't know you, but then again none of us knows any other except from what they post here.

Well, that's not entirely true - and he's got the scars to prove it - but that's his story to tell.

However, we all took the time to read your post and offer some feedback. Now it may not be what you wanted to hear - read, rather - but this is all part of forging an understanding. Growth and acceptance are not without struggle or pain
I don't agree with how he went about in telling in his "honesty". I'm far more kind than that because that's not who I am and yes... He doesn't know me but you're right. We only know from what we post on here and stuff until we meet in person if people are open of doing that.

I have a scar too. A burn scar that I've had since 1992... On my left arm.

I thank you for taking the time to read my post and offer feedback. I do appreciate it overall. It takes time for a understanding while some are easier than others while some are harder. It just depends.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25986

Reviewing your words - Because I have a lot of other things that I want happen but there needs to be understanding and accepting from someone who has very strong patience in order for those things to happen.

Can you guess what I'm about to say?
Nothing happens by itself and nobody's going to come along and resolve everything for you. But you already know this.
Humans are a social animal... There needs to be real connection and emotion attachment. Nothing does happen by itself (most of the time) but people together can resolve things... It takes real effort to do it. And that's what I'm looking for. Someone who truly cares like I do. Who wants to put real emotion and work together. To make things better because that makes the most damn sense to me.

D

Deleted member 25986

Anyway I'm gonna take a break and jump in the shower it was hot here and I was working on the roof all afternoon so yeah there's no magic formula and nothing is going to be solved in three 40 minute acts like in the movies. Do what you gotta do for peace of mind/clarity, get some rest, get away from your usual antagonists - whether they're internal or external
Okay. I don't really have real outlet here that will make me more at ease... Not really and that has been a problem too... Tough I do believe that real results can happen in a short amount of time as long as everyone is actually working towards a solution. Just got to put the effort in... Because it takes a lot.

D

Deleted member 25986

- whatever they do in Florida around your parts.
Last time I was in Florida 2016 a woman paid me to drive her Benz from Los Angeles to New Smyrna Beach - I picked up her niece in Denver stayed in Tulsa Memphis Nashville Atlanta Savannah then New Smyrna... What an adventure that was
Sounds interesting... I just don't have a lot to do here by myself...

D

Deleted member 25986

I'm gonna give you a bit of advice (and you can tell me to fuck myself since you didn't ask for it) but while it may be OK to pity yourself, try not to drown everyone else in your sorrows.
...I understand what you're saying but I don't know the right response at the moment mostly because I feel that I see others do that anyway... To a extent.

D

Deleted member 25986

Where ever you are, you can always explore -
Hell, I've even gone to church just for fellowship, change of scenery, chance hook-up. You just never know
There's nothing to explore in a city... Not my thing... The area I'm in sucks too for that. Urban decay and bullshit consumerism. Nothing interesting...

D

Deleted member 25986

I've been to Orlando, Boca Raton, Miami, Key West Cape Canaveral, New Smyrna Beach, St Augustine, Tallahassee, and Jacksonville - but never Tampa. I walk everywhere whatever bullshit shops bakery secondhand goods stores. You gotta make your own amusement
I like to walk too. There is a piss poor walking trail near me and all that which I went on once. The only thing that I have been doing somewhat daily is volunteering at a parrot sanctuary that's really close to me but I'm taking a short break from it because of my mental state at the moment.

D

Deleted member 25986

beach hammack swamp, marina, etc. Always something to do, people to meet. art scene music scene, freak scene -
People always inside now not wanting to give up the internet, video games, movies, tv shows, and other bullshit... It makes it really difficult to do things today in this day and age.

D

Deleted member 8978

I read your story and I notice you had to hang out with many groups of people that did nothing but piss you off. Being that you're back in Florida, have you planned any new travels ahead of time or are you taking a break to see what's going on?!

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust
D

Deleted member 23824

You two a
I read your story and I notice you had to hang out with many groups of people that did nothing but piss you off. Being that you're back in Florida, have you planned any new travels ahead of time or are you taking a break to see what's going on?!
Hey, aren’t you two in fairly close proximity?

Reactions: Juan Derlust
D

Deleted member 25986

Thanks for reading. I'm someone who gets pissed off a lot... That's pure human idiocy for you... I'm not planning anything at the moment because I'm not going to do it alone anymore... I've been alone for far too long in my life at this point and I'm just so sick of it. I truly am. No one knows the complete and utter isolation that I suffer from every damn day... Truly. No one fucking knows I've notice.

At this point I'm just trying to see what's going on I guess because I like I said I refuse to be alone now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads