Two Years of Traveling From 2015 to 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
Current Location
EITHER: 1) on thin ice OR: 2) in hot water
Anyway I'm gonna take a break and jump in the shower it was hot here and I was working on the roof all afternoon so yeah there's no magic formula and nothing is going to be solved in three 40 minute acts like in the movies. Do what you gotta do for peace of mind/clarity, get some rest, get away from your usual antagonists - whether they're internal or external

Juan Derlust

Current Location
- whatever they do in Florida around your parts.
Last time I was in Florida 2016 a woman paid me to drive her Benz from Los Angeles to New Smyrna Beach - I picked up her niece in Denver stayed in Tulsa Memphis Nashville Atlanta Savannah then New Smyrna... What an adventure that was

OP
Qwent91

Qwent91

Current Location
Tampa, Florida
Anyway I'm gonna take a break and jump in the shower it was hot here and I was working on the roof all afternoon so yeah there's no magic formula and nothing is going to be solved in three 40 minute acts like in the movies. Do what you gotta do for peace of mind/clarity, get some rest, get away from your usual antagonists - whether they're internal or external
Okay. I don't really have real outlet here that will make me more at ease... Not really and that has been a problem too... Tough I do believe that real results can happen in a short amount of time as long as everyone is actually working towards a solution. Just got to put the effort in... Because it takes a lot.

OP
Qwent91

Qwent91

Current Location
Tampa, Florida
- whatever they do in Florida around your parts.
Last time I was in Florida 2016 a woman paid me to drive her Benz from Los Angeles to New Smyrna Beach - I picked up her niece in Denver stayed in Tulsa Memphis Nashville Atlanta Savannah then New Smyrna... What an adventure that was
Sounds interesting... I just don't have a lot to do here by myself...

Juan Derlust

Current Location
I've been to Orlando, Boca Raton, Miami, Key West Cape Canaveral, New Smyrna Beach, St Augustine, Tallahassee, and Jacksonville - but never Tampa. I walk everywhere whatever bullshit shops bakery secondhand goods stores. You gotta make your own amusement

OP
Qwent91

Qwent91

Current Location
Tampa, Florida
I'm gonna give you a bit of advice (and you can tell me to fuck myself since you didn't ask for it) but while it may be OK to pity yourself, try not to drown everyone else in your sorrows.
...I understand what you're saying but I don't know the right response at the moment mostly because I feel that I see others do that anyway... To a extent.

OP
Qwent91

Qwent91

Current Location
Tampa, Florida
Where ever you are, you can always explore -
Hell, I've even gone to church just for fellowship, change of scenery, chance hook-up. You just never know
There's nothing to explore in a city... Not my thing... The area I'm in sucks too for that. Urban decay and bullshit consumerism. Nothing interesting...

OP
Qwent91

Qwent91

Current Location
Tampa, Florida
I've been to Orlando, Boca Raton, Miami, Key West Cape Canaveral, New Smyrna Beach, St Augustine, Tallahassee, and Jacksonville - but never Tampa. I walk everywhere whatever bullshit shops bakery secondhand goods stores. You gotta make your own amusement
I like to walk too. There is a piss poor walking trail near me and all that which I went on once. The only thing that I have been doing somewhat daily is volunteering at a parrot sanctuary that's really close to me but I'm taking a short break from it because of my mental state at the moment.

OP
Qwent91

Qwent91

Current Location
Tampa, Florida
beach hammack swamp, marina, etc. Always something to do, people to meet. art scene music scene, freak scene -
People always inside now not wanting to give up the internet, video games, movies, tv shows, and other bullshit... It makes it really difficult to do things today in this day and age.

Juan Derlust

Current Location
OK probably not at this hour - but you have to train yourself to be receptive to whatever is interesting and tailor your desire to what's available

it requires effort, which can be very difficult depending on your mental state; for instance, the parrot sanctuary would be very depressing for me

you get the idea though - it's an act of will to give yourself something to look forward to

Last edited:
OP
Qwent91

Qwent91

Current Location
Tampa, Florida
OK probably not at this hour - but you have to train yourself to be receptive to whatever is interesting and tailor your desire to what's available
Yeah. I understand that. I just feel that I'm not in a good area but I can look again just to see what's around.

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Current Location
Brunswick, Georgia
I read your story and I notice you had to hang out with many groups of people that did nothing but piss you off. Being that you're back in Florida, have you planned any new travels ahead of time or are you taking a break to see what's going on?!

Faceplant

Mmmm . . . Taste the Ballast!
StP Supporter
Current Location
Boulder Creek Ca
You two a
I read your story and I notice you had to hang out with many groups of people that did nothing but piss you off. Being that you're back in Florida, have you planned any new travels ahead of time or are you taking a break to see what's going on?!
Hey, aren’t you two in fairly close proximity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Finally printed up physical copies of my hitchin' story! Cover art by @spiffypairofspoons on instagram. I added some doodles and stuff to help with formatting, and I'll be carrying copies of these when my band goes on tour in the spring!

I can busk on the way, I usually let people staple their money to me with a staple gun, spit fire or perform other masochistic acts for money.
The guide told me to type my interests and shit here, help people get to know me, I made this so i could get help catching a Freight Train to Seattle and get there by the 20th of December, 2019, never hopped a train before, thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I'm tryna get to more punk shows. Actually pretty straight edge, keep my habits to shows and campfires.
lmfao!!! im figuring this desktop thing out way slow... totally different than a mobile. this site makes way more sens to navigate on a desk top... had no clue this was going to pop up on the main lmfao!!!! it does!!! always wonderd why ppl seen my shit that didnt fallow me!!!! im getting it... slowly...
anybody ride form grand junction co to slc lately? whats the ride like rn?
A Jack-of-all-trades, and a master at being MEDIOCRE
gkyuguhilhhjkbkjgyvhgcdtrs56t7y89u0ipklnbhrtyujnutrefr7yjnkihw tov hhtol
roughdraft wrote on Hobo richard's profile.
nice to have you, welcome to the forum
Matt Derrick wrote on BlowUpTrains's profile.
Hey man, where ya been?