Trump Won | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Trump Won

D

Deleted member 16034

When California creates a new country I know who should join them.

Fuck the rest of y'all. We've been trying to become Cascadia for a LONG time

Attachments

• 2016-11-09.png
    2016-11-09.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 261

shabti

Reaction score
We migrate to places where his policies will be fought the most actively. Few of us on this site are really in a position to change shit, and since Occupy, there hasn't been a concentrated effort that could even begin to challenge those shit policies he's promised.

A road diverged in a yellow wood? It's to the hills for me.

Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer
A

AlwaysLost

It's kinda sad TBH. The democrats were facing off against one of the most easily defeatable candidates in american history, and their plan was to collude against the more popular candidate and nominate one of the most controversial and despised politicians in modern american politics. It sounds cliche, and people have been saying it all election, but Hilary really was the lesser of two evils. But it shouldn't come to that. America needs to ditch the two party system and adopt a multi-party system. Then we'll be near guaranteed that all the candidates won't have disapproval ratings of 60 fucking percent.

Amen!

A

AlwaysLost

We migrate to places where his policies will be fought the most actively. Few of us on this site are really in a position to change shit, and since Occupy, there hasn't been a concentrated effort that could even begin to challenge those shit policies he's promised.

A road diverged in a yellow wood? It's to the hills for me.

Me too brother I'm living in the mountains of a blue state.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
I am becoming interested in an anarchist collectivist settlement in light of recent developments.

Having socially and fiscally conservative evangelicals in all branches of government, and a proto fascist at the helm, I believe a lot of vulnerable people's survival could be in jeopardy.

I have numerous disabilities and am currently receiving Social Security. My dream would be to a traveling hobo busker. I have great admiration for people here, but my health problems do not allow this.

I don't think people with disabilities can afford to pay rent anymore. We need to take back planetary ownership. As horrific as it is to participate in the system, there is a need to own capital at this point for the most vulnerable citizens. So I believe it might be best to use whatever is left of the government's money to buy back property that was stolen through capitalism.

A single person with a disability has no chance of affording property with their small income, but a collectivist movement between people with disabilities and low income anarchists may be able to afford enough property for many. In order to keep government regulation off our back, the property would likely need a single centralized building that is up to code but surrounding structures could be sheds, barns, tents, or mini houses which people in practice live in.

Part time jobs and non traditional income through arts, and advertisement would be more feasible for collective survival without rent, and skills in primitive crafting, hunting, gathering, and dumpster diving would be very valuable. Anti authoritarian philosophy would be central towards people getting along where controlling behavior of any kind would be discouraged and outright bullies could be thrown out. I think some research into reverse dominance hierarchies could be helpful in understanding how egalitarian social structures have existed within successful communities. Social structures like this require continual maintenance of challenging, ridiculing, and reducing authority.

http://www.unl.edu/rhames/courses/current/readings/boehm.pdf

Great idea an I'm def down. I have money, solar, generators, welding equipment, and guns. I just need other like minded people. a couple acres is all we need. desert land is very cheap. I could purchase a few acres now.

Last edited:
K

kokomojoe

But when he gets thrown out Pence will replace him. I almost feel like Pence is worse
Trust me, being from Indiana this guy did some of the dumbest shit as governor. Half the state was/is covered in Pence Must Go signs, if he went out in public he'd get booed. Pretty much uses some fake ass religious front to push any of his ideas. Barely got a needle exchange program passed when there was one of the worst HIV outbreaks in the country, wanted to make a "Religious Freedom" law pass that would've made it okay to discriminate against gays, also supports conversion therapy. He might not act as arrogant as Trump but, he's just as much a pile of shit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 125

my partner just got home and showed me a article that said 46.9% of americans didnt vote. this was my first year voting, ide never voted before because i just didnt think it made a difference and i didnt want to be part of a flawed 2 party based electoral system, well the fact is thats how the country is run right now so i bit the bullet and voted this year. almost 47% of citizens must of felt the same way i did and this is what happend...donald fucking trump.

ev wood

Reaction score
Website
delasoleil.tumblr.com
The KKK is flyering the downtown of the city I grew up in, it is their first act to make their presence known there that I can remember in my lifetime. This is the same city that had a church bombed during civil rights, and four young girls were killed. This is a city that has seen and survived too much already, and who's majority is people of color.
Being from Alabama I know and love many people who have been directly impacted by hate, prejudice, and bigotry. It is important to me to vote, I came back here to do so and yesterday I was so sure we were making history. As it turns out that still lies before us so personally, I'm moving home, I'm setting roots, I'm fighting. I will pay taxes, vote in local elections, stand with my friends who don't fit into the social paradigm this country has chosen. I will advocate, I will not run.

You can tell me until you are blue in the face that voting does not count, and it very well may not, but I don't find that much of an excuse not to try. The fact of the matter is if you carry privilege, if you are white or male or your name looks good on paper you'll likely have little trouble registering. Do it for those who can't, who are shut out. Unfortunately with the exception of a few exceptional individuals I find that most of the people touting the irrelevance of voting don't find time in their lives to fight in ways that aren't convenient to them in the first place. This goes for both my friends from the road and my friends who haven't left home in their life.

My disgust with this election, with the turnout and "America" cannot be contained.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
The KKK is flyering the downtown of the city I grew up in, it is their first act to make their presence known there that I can remember in my lifetime. This is the same city that had a church bombed during civil rights, and four young girls were killed. This is a city that has seen and survived too much already, and who's majority is people of color.
Being from Alabama I know and love many people who have been directly impacted by hate, prejudice, and bigotry. It is important to me to vote, I came back here to do so and yesterday I was so sure we were making history. As it turns out that still lies before us so personally, I'm moving home, I'm setting roots, I'm fighting. I will pay taxes, vote in local elections, stand with my friends who don't fit into the social paradigm this country has chosen. I will advocate, I will not run.

You can tell me until you are blue in the face that voting does not count, and it very well may not, but I don't find that much of an excuse not to try. The fact of the matter is if you carry privilege, if you are white or male or your name looks good on paper you'll likely have little trouble registering. Do it for those who can't, who are shut out. Unfortunately with the exception of a few exceptional individuals I find that most of the people touting the irrelevance of voting don't find time in their lives to fight in ways that aren't convenient to them in the first place. This goes for both my friends from the road and my friends who haven't left home in their life.

My disgust with this election, with the turnout and "America" cannot be contained.

representative democracy is silly. taxation is silly. politicians...are more than silly theyre repugnant. dont vote for any of these fools. consider the initiative. its the only real democratic way to do something.

D

Deleted member 125

yikes thats fucked about yer town sorry to hear that thats happening there so in the open already. i think theres merit in sticking around somewhere and trying to make a difference on a small scale because i think that as a culture the only way to really change shit is to start small. aside from a massive nationwide radical uprising not much is going to be done on a large scale if we cant even keep the fucking klan out of our home towns. good for you dude i think yer doing a good thing. keep it close to home, keep it personal, keep it fucking punk.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score

Gaius

Reaction score
I'll quote my post from Facebook:

Yesterday was the 18th of Brumaire. First as tragedy, then as farce. Our job now is to read theory and organize! Action without theory is hooliganism, theory without action is mental masturbation.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1852/18th-brumaire/

To my friends on the left, don't despair! She was not your candidate. We should approach the fracturing of America's political spectrum as a great opportunity to create authentic change. Liberal capitalism and bourgeois democracy have failed. Time to agitate for *truly* democratic institutions- that means radical democracy in and out of the workplace.

To the neo-liberal establishment and the authoritarian right, I have one thing to say:

IMG_0576.PNG

G

Grubblin

What an we do? What now? Very, very little. This government was started by a series of wars for our independence. Yeah, good for us right! Then came the civil war another great war for several different reasons, the abolishment of slavery being the best reasons to fight the war. Ever since the civil war, while fully remembering the war of independence, the war of 1812, the Spanish America war, etc., the US has been doing everything it can to secretly prepare itself to put down any potential uprising by the people. This includes maintaining a military much larger than it needed but having an untrained military does little to no good, So foreign wars were invented in the name of democracy, some of them good wars, the only one I think of is WWII and the emancipation of the death camps. Most of the wars have just been for shit - we pretended Iraq had WMDs so that we could invade, train the soldiers and trade blood for oil. Korea and Vietnam, WTF were those even about. I'm not down on the soldiers, thank you for you service and following orders is following orders. So then comes the Arab spring and while it didn't directly affect this country, this country was shown that even a "civilized" country can overthrow the state if the get pissed off enough. That's about the time that the federal government started giving, for free' all these surplus armed and armored personnel carriers to ever podunk/shithole cop organiziation in the country. Also, fully automatic asault rifles. Can anyone explain to me why every cop in the nation has a fully auto m4? Now they've started the systematic shooting of unarmed men in the country, usually balck men, I believe they think "nobody cares about those guys anyway". I don'y believe in that line of thought, a person is a person no mater what. So they gun these guys down to see what the reaction will be and how fast it will die down and be forgotten. Once thats established they have some basis for how to proceed as far as what they can get a way with should public unrest occur.

So what do you do now? You keep moving, keep out of sight, and keep off the grid when possible. There are phone a computer programs that will make it seem as if you're connected a thousand miles from where you are. no, they don't fool the higher up organisations but they'll get you through podunkville. If you don't already know it, make it a point to learn backcountry survival and stay there as much a possible. Try not to hang around big metropolitan areas.

I would best describe the state of affairs in this country as a 50 lb powder keg, which they somehow managed to shove a 100 pounds of powder into. It's just waiting for a match to set it off, I believe that Hillary was a match, I believe that CHUMP is a goddamn flamethrower. It's not if, it's when, it's coming, and I think that not only can you not stop it, you won't be able to even slow it down. Live Well! Live for Yourself! Hope for the best! Prepare yourself (especially your survival skills) for the WORST!

LOOK - these opinions and view points are my own due to crazy amounts of reading whatever I can get my hands at the time. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know shit about anything. Read the post as you will and take it for what it's worth - if i help even one person, then that's all I set out to do.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads