Video - Traveling on freight trains in China | Squat the Planet

Video Traveling on freight trains in China

ZIGER

Reaction score
Video about a trip to China. Unfortunately the video contains a lot of obscene words and only English subtitles are available (I'm not sure that the translation was made correctly)

Can add more information:
The entire railway line is fenced along with fences.
There are no railway crossings outside the city.
There are a lot of cameras here, but most likely no one is looking in them.
The fine is from 40 to 75 dollars and under certain circumstances increases by 10 times (I couldn't understand the Chinese translation)

Aaron Adonis

Reaction score
That's really dope, I didn't know they had cameras out there. But like most of them, it's good no one really watches them.

r3yn

Reaction score
Wow, that's excellent, man.
I see you mostly ride in the open gondola coal cars.
Did it ever rain on you? What was your sleeping setup?
If you go again in China (especially south China) send me a message; we can go hop one together.

r3yn

Reaction score
By the way, at the end of the video, it looks like you jump off the train in the middle of the Xinjiang desert...... how did you get out of there? Was there a town nearby?

Yeah, maybe Xinjiang would be a good place to freight hop, but like I think you mentioned at the end of the video -- you need so much water!

ZIGER

Reaction score
By the way, at the end of the video, it looks like you jump off the train in the middle of the Xinjiang desert...... how did you get out of there? Was there a town nearby?

Yeah, maybe Xinjiang would be a good place to freight hop, but like I think you mentioned at the end of the video -- you need so much water!
There was no rain in China but in Russia they were often. I sleep on an ordinary tourist rug with a sleeping bag. I have not yet planned to go to China again, I need to see other countries. If I go again, I will definitely write, I have not been to the southern part of China

Jumped 150 kilometers from Turfan and walked 3 kilometers to the highway

r3yn

Reaction score
Wow, and you've been to Pripyat?!?!!? (Your display picture). That's my next destination. Did you make / share a video about the Zone? I'd like to read / watch about your adventures at Chernobyl.

nikhil madhusudhanan

Reaction score
Website
www.howdoeshomeopathywork.com
This was a fun watch! Gotta admire your bravery, catching out in a place like China would be pretty unnerving even for seasoned hoppers!

nikhil madhusudhanan

Reaction score
Website
I know, but it's worth the risk. Soon I will go to India, I think it will be easier there
Be careful man, all trains here have an employee at the end of the train, in a caboose if its a freighter. They're called 'guards' (and my dad is one! Although he worked in freight trains when he first joined the railways and he works on passenger trains now as he is a veteran). Also, it might not be possible for catch out spots to be completely deserted given our huge population. As far as I have seen, gondolas are the rideable cars here. And watch out for the RPF!

If you find yourself in Kottayam, Kerala hit me up and we can try to catch up if possible

ZIGER

Reaction score
Be careful man, all trains here have an employee at the end of the train, in a caboose if its a freighter. They're called 'guards' (and my dad is one! Although he worked in freight trains when he first joined the railways and he works on passenger trains now as he is a veteran). Also, it might not be possible for catch out spots to be completely deserted given our huge population. As far as I have seen, gondolas are the rideable cars here. And watch out for the RPF!

If you find yourself in Kottayam, Kerala hit me up and we can try to catch up if possible
Thank you for the information, I will write to you if I go through this state. What are your penalties?

nikhil madhusudhanan

Reaction score
Website
Thank you for the information, I will write to you if I go through this state. What are your penalties?
"It shall also be noted that any person found trespassing the railway tracks will be liable for prosecution under Section 147 of the IR Act, 1989 which entails punishment with imprisonment for a term up to six months, or with fine Rs 1,000 or both." - from google

Didn't find anything about trespassing on containers, guess it isn't a big problem for the railways yet (at least with pure riders and not looters). But I wouldn't think that you would be fined given you're a foreigner and all...if you do maybe you can get out of it by playing the "dumb tourist" act. Hit up @wizehop , he's tried that stuff here before (although without much success, I may add)

Reactions: ZIGER

ZIGER

Reaction score
"It shall also be noted that any person found trespassing the railway tracks will be liable for prosecution under Section 147 of the IR Act, 1989 which entails punishment with imprisonment for a term up to six months, or with fine Rs 1,000 or both." - from google

Didn't find anything about trespassing on containers, guess it isn't a big problem for the railways yet (at least with pure riders and not looters). But I wouldn't think that you would be fined given you're a foreigner and all...if you do maybe you can get out of it by playing the "dumb tourist" act. Hit up @wizehop , he's tried that stuff here before (although without much success, I may add)
Others already have similar experience, especially for me it will not be a problem
Video in Russian only

nikhil madhusudhanan

Reaction score
Website
Others already have similar experience, especially for me it will not be a problem
Video in Russian only

DAMMIT I had been searching for any videos on freight hopping in India. Of course I wouldn't have found this one when the title is in Russian, haha

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads