Traveling abroad health insurance | Squat the Planet

Traveling abroad health insurance

Short

Reaction score
Okay, first things first I tried searching for an answer to this question but let’s be honest, searching forums is garbage across the board. Anyway I didn’t find anything.

So I’m hitting the road in a month, which means quitting my job and losing my health insurance. I plan on spending a month fucking about Europe before I come home and ride the rails. Do any of you have any suggestion/recommendation for health insurance abroad for only a month? First time I will be in this position.

Katbearfoot

Reaction score
Website
ello.co
I think there is health insurance designed for travelers. I used to get messages about it from Internations, which is a website for expats. But I personally don’t have health insurance, and don’t know much about it.

Reactions: Short

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Okay, first things first I tried searching for an answer to this question but let’s be honest, searching forums is garbage across the board. Anyway I didn’t find anything.

not to be snarky, but just because you don't know how to use something doesn't mean it sucks.

https://squattheplanet.com/search/58207/?q=insurance&t=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=23&o=date

taking a little time to use the advanced search and actually digging a little will often yield the results you are looking for.

Do any of you have any suggestion/recommendation for health insurance abroad for only a month?

first question is why do you need it? do you have a medical condition? is there some reason you cannot stock up on enough medical supplies to last a month? otherwise i would say your only other solution would probably be some kind of traveler's insurance that includes health care.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads