Traveling abroad health insurance (1 Viewer)

Short

Current Location
Richmond VA
Okay, first things first I tried searching for an answer to this question but let’s be honest, searching forums is garbage across the board. Anyway I didn’t find anything.

So I’m hitting the road in a month, which means quitting my job and losing my health insurance. I plan on spending a month fucking about Europe before I come home and ride the rails. Do any of you have any suggestion/recommendation for health insurance abroad for only a month? First time I will be in this position.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Katbearfoot

Lurker
Current Location
Portugal
Website
ello.co
I think there is health insurance designed for travelers. I used to get messages about it from Internations, which is a website for expats. But I personally don’t have health insurance, and don’t know much about it.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Okay, first things first I tried searching for an answer to this question but let’s be honest, searching forums is garbage across the board. Anyway I didn’t find anything.
not to be snarky, but just because you don't know how to use something doesn't mean it sucks.

https://squattheplanet.com/search/58207/?q=insurance&t=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=23&o=date

taking a little time to use the advanced search and actually digging a little will often yield the results you are looking for.

Do any of you have any suggestion/recommendation for health insurance abroad for only a month?
first question is why do you need it? do you have a medical condition? is there some reason you cannot stock up on enough medical supplies to last a month? otherwise i would say your only other solution would probably be some kind of traveler's insurance that includes health care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Hitched into Quebec City, got a free wristband to a music festival with The Offspring and Blink-182 playing!! Good times, now off to Charny, back on the rails!
'All I know is that I dont know nothin'
Fillmore, California... California is the ultimate shithole..!!!
how many of you get inspired when you watch 'into the wild'??? i know it always makes me want to hit the road.
Faceplant wrote on NotmybestNotmyworst's profile.
Come here, let me give you a big, loving hug. But don’t pick up the soap.
Looking for folks in Nyc, tips also welcome!
Im absolutely alone (aside from my dog) because EVEN HERE i have to deal with cunts like you.
NotmybestNotmyworst wrote on Faceplant's profile.
Call me fucking lazy again!
dumpsternavel wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
What's with the "reacting to your own content is cheating" when it comes to rating other's comments on personal posts??

Members online