Transgendered Traveler | Squat the Planet

Transgendered Traveler

Maya

Reaction score
I rap. I sing. I produce beats and ever since hearing norah jones as a child and ben folds as an adult I new i needed to play piano. Im unemployed, I got into...an altercation with my fastfood manager.​
cat power(chan marshal) inspires me so much. addicted to drugs/drunk, uneducated, country folk, moving from a backwater place to new york and doing what she loves.​
I'm sick of rural life and these bullshit 9-5s. but My unique needs as a transgendered person leave me confused as to how to begin to hit the road.​
I will soon be taking estrogen hormones and anti-androgens and don't know how to sustain this specialized medical attention while traveling.​
I came to this site to continue my learning.​
I want to move to austin, at least for now. and see think that the ability to live without residence would get me to a similar situation without the hassle of moving out the conventional way. perhaps if wanderlust continues to permeate my brain I'd kick the austin idea to the curb and continue the adventure stopping by seattle. the only experience i have panhandling was when i was tripping mescaline in a house full of heroin addicts. i used up all my gas money buying them food (they were so hungry)​
ended up getting 50 dollars from 3 different gas stations.​
Ive never traveled before. and Ive always been told by my parents without an education or job id fail. ironically it was my mother who recently suggested to me that I become a nomad.​
Ive always toyed with the idea. all the times I walked away from home (its 20 miles to the nearest gas station) it felt exhilarating. on that particular occasion i had found 5 bucks with no ride, I sauntered back being the proud owner of 2 24oz hurricane cans. best drunk of my life. I was on probation at the time.​
I came to this site to continue my learning. Of course this is also a shout out! if any transgendered nomads are on hear Id love to hear your stories!

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
hey, yo. you seem pretty damn awesome; i read your intro post and... yeah. you seem awesome. :) sorry, it's 4 a.m. right now, after a night of drinkin and smoking, so nothing coherent will come outta me right now. i'm definitely kind of 'queer' myself (i prefer that term - genderfukk is another good one) :) in kindergarten, would run around trying to kiss the girls on the playground, and my teacher told my mother, who told me 'we don't kiss girls,' so... i didn't, for the next 15 years. :\ And then... mmmm. :) i'm essentially a male who has been given a female body (this time 'round), and dream alll the time of finding a lovely lady to take care of. anyways. we should probably be friends. :) i'm gonna be travelin' around the country come late aug, sept-ish; def. gonna hit up TX, so if you're still there..? good road dawgs are always appreciated :) going down to palenque for world rainbowz in november-dec (never been to a Gathering, but... i'm supposed to go to this one!) :) anyway. have a glorious night/day/whatevertheufkkitis. Peas,

Namaste, Blessed Be,
~ melissA

P.s. i rap/sing, too - immortal technique, atmosphere, dead prez, some tupac. etc. spoken word, word, word, worrdddss r glorious. i juggle, too, better than i sing. but i love to sing. and paint my face all up and act like a clown for pocket change from rich-ass tourists.

Raven Diabla

Reaction score
Hi, Maya,

I'm transgendered myself (MTF) who is also supposed to start on anti-androgens and estrogen. I live in Albany, NY which is not to my tastes and my lease expires in October. I had a job that ended a little under two months ago and have been searching for one. I am planning to move to the NYC area (Northern New Jersey) but I've always wanted to go out to the Pacific Northwest like Portland, Seattle and Vancouver. I don't know if I should hitch or train hop. You are not alone. Welcome.

RD

Reactions: barefootinbabylon

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
...not gunna give the most perfect definition, but it's basically where you're born one gender and identify more as a person with the other gender, to the point where people often will take t(estosteroni) or estrogen so as to develop a more 'gender appropriate' body for themselves. not everyone who considers themselves along the 'trans' spectrum actually makes the plunge of 'transiitioning' - changing genders isn't the easiest thing in the world! haha... i guess i'm more in that group - this is the body i was given for this ride, and i can't ever grow a proper dick, so... eh. :)

Read... what's it called... Testosterone Filies by Max Valerio if you can find it. It's awesome. Middlesex (Jeff Eugenides) is good too; that's more hermaphrodite (having both genitalia/physical/sexual features).

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Hi, Maya,

I'm transgendered myself (MTF) who is also supposed to start on anti-androgens and estrogen. I live in Albany, NY which is not to my tastes and my lease expires in October. I had a job that ended a little under two months ago and have been searching for one. I am planning to move to the NYC area (Northern New Jersey) but I've always wanted to go out to the Pacific Northwest like Portland, Seattle and Vancouver. I don't know if I should hitch or train hop. You are not alone. Welcome.

RD

Oooh, fuck NY state! Fuckkk Jersey!! (actually, i've never quite understood why ppl diss soo much on Jersey. Granted, it sux, buttt...). You should probably go west, young [wo]man; west is best, and it's a completely different attitude than most parts of east coast/midwest (i'm in MI, meself). There's a loootttt more 'freaks' of all varieties out there (i'm 'queer', so... i guess i'm a freak. it's allll good), and i'm sure you'd find some glorious peoplez. :) i'll be making a big circle of the U.$., starting about end of Aug. from Detroit, swinging through philly, and then FL, TX, CA, PNW. Then back to MX for Rainbowz. Woot. If you be my... friend, or whatever the fukk it is on here, maybe we could meet up somewheres?

If you haven't hopped, and don't have a VERY knowledgeable, experienced person to show you the ropes (and that you actually TRUST) - don't do it. I've never hopped, b/c i've never found anyone crusty enough to teach me. Welll, not true, butt... yeah. it's on my bucket list, though, fo' sho'. Hitchin' rules. I'm a big, big fan - like my buddy said, 'you get PAID to travel!!' haha.

Namaste, Blessed Be,
~ melissA

Reactions: Raven Diabla

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Testosterone and estrogen? Yes, but it's a very complex process (i believe) to actually get on it - you need to have a fair amt. of 'gender counseling' and shit, be recommended by a psych that there is NOTHING else to be done for you, and then... yah. i mean, you're not gunna grow a full set of tits (mmmm titttsss) on estrogen if you're bio. a male, and you're not gunna grow a dick if you're female (but apparently, clits do get like, 2-3 inches... mmmmm). So... yah. :)

Raven Diabla

Reaction score
Oooh, fuck NY state! Fuckkk Jersey!! (actually, i've never quite understood why ppl diss soo much on Jersey. Granted, it sux, buttt...). You should probably go west, young [wo]man; west is best, and it's a completely different attitude than most parts of east coast/midwest (i'm in MI, meself). There's a loootttt more 'freaks' of all varieties out there (i'm 'queer', so... i guess i'm a freak. it's allll good), and i'm sure you'd find some glorious peoplez. :) i'll be making a big circle of the U.$., starting about end of Aug. from Detroit, swinging through philly, and then FL, TX, CA, PNW. Then back to MX for Rainbowz. Woot. If you be my... friend, or whatever the fukk it is on here, maybe we could meet up somewheres?

If you haven't hopped, and don't have a VERY knowledgeable, experienced person to show you the ropes (and that you actually TRUST) - don't do it. I've never hopped, b/c i've never found anyone crusty enough to teach me. Welll, not true, butt... yeah. it's on my bucket list, though, fo' sho'. Hitchin' rules. I'm a big, big fan - like my buddy said, 'you get PAID to travel!!' haha.

Namaste, Blessed Be,
~ melissA

Thanks for the advice. Been also wondering where I can stay/squat out there where they are trans-friendly as well as searching for any social services out there that will help me get back on my feet like getting a job to further fund my transition and therapy.

skyedreamer

dumpster diving whiskey drinkin dyke
Reaction score
Website
skyedreamerphotography.weebly.com
How's it going? I'm Jen. I'm not transgendered myself ( I'm a lesbian ) but being more masculine than anything I catch a lotta shit. Nothing really offends me anymore. Lol. I've spent quite a few years bumming it around and have always loved kickin it with my queer traveling family. And I always enjoy meeting others and trading stories/advice. So if ya ever wanna chit chat hit me up :D

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I know a few trans travelers, but I never delved that much into the details of the meds. I know they will travel a bit and then go back to home base to stock up and stuff. There are places you can order online, like compounding pharmacies like http://www.stroheckersrx.com/ you do need a phys. note and an address...

Raven Diabla

Reaction score
I know a few trans travelers, but I never delved that much into the details of the meds. I know they will travel a bit and then go back to home base to stock up and stuff. There are places you can order online, like compounding pharmacies like http://www.stroheckersrx.com/ you do need a phys. note and an address...
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I don't see any estrogen products, just mainly T and Progesterone (I'm looking for Estrogen and Anti-Androgens).

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads