those things people use top play a washboard?

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
i know they're things that go on your fingers, but where can i get some or is it somethign that you have to make?

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Current Location
Chuck Town
I've seen a few people use thimbles and this guitar pick that wraps around the finger. But depending on what sound you are looking for you can use anything. A beer bottle would work.

OP
wildboy860

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
cool.... i'lll figure something out.

OP
wildboy860

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
hmm . . . thats sounds like a great idea!

ayron

Current Location
earth
ive rocked out with drumming brushes, there cool cuz theyhave the brush part, and the hard part on the other end, plus you can pull the bushes out as far as you want (to an extent) and then change the sound even more :)

OP
wildboy860

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
i've tried many different ideas and drum sticks seem to suit me best, since my washboard is kinda set up like a drum set anyways. i also use the drum sticks to bang aroun don various trash item i find aswell...

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$30.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

Gotz trainz on the brainz
I just got back to LA from the Bay - it was a very busy but happy trip. Went to Mt. Diablo, went to Berkeley and the City, even met up with @beyondthepaleogender! I did Craigslist rideshare both there and back, and both rides went fucking awesome :) Gonna post up for a bit and then I will (finally) begin hitchhiking east. Also - as of yesterday, I have been modding /r/Runaway for exactly a year now! :)
Been a while since I last posted on this thing.
Being stuck in PDX for the winter sucked n I’m looking to hit the road to NorCal in May.
Why would anyone wan to love like you?
Live by their rules or live by your own. . don't have kids
Today I am most grateful for water towers
Gonna be in Cheyenne for the first time today. If you’re in the area, stop by the crown bar and come rage!
I have a day/night to kill in the Bay Area if anyone is bored.
its friday. someone has your lunch money in their pocket... its time to get down!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
SFerTrappedinPDX