The StP Bandana Project | Page 5 | Squat the Planet

The StP Bandana Project

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
just a small update, while we're basically finished with the design, i'm about to move to portland (finally) so the actual printing will be delayed by a few/couple of weeks. i'll make a big announcement here though when they're ready.

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
H̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶P̶o̶r̶t̶l̶a̶n̶d̶!̶ ̶:̶)̶
Screw Portland. That place sucks anyway.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
by chaos arrows i assume you mean a chaos star? i'm not sure what a schales of street justice symbol looks like.

hellbilly freedom maine

Reaction score
awesome bud Im definitely into it. my only criticism id say maybe the corners are a little big and clean looking but overall id say that's a seriously bad ass piece of functional art and ill take a pile of em for sure when theyre done, for me and my dog and my goddamn outlaw hillbilly family up here in maine

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i gotta move to portland (from washington) this week, so as soon as i find a room to rent there i'll get all my supplies sent to me from my parent's house. i want to do it asap, but i think realistically it'll be maybe a month from now. i'll definitely be making an announcement in this thread and posting links on the frontpage/sidebar of stp. trust me, you won't miss it :)

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

CaptainCassius

Reaction score
ya sorry i meant chaos star, and pretty much just some scales which is the usual symbol of justice but i think it might be cool to include that as a little thing to represent the road's justice. Seeing as how She's the governing body for most of us.

shabti

Reaction score
why not do a series of designs, and let people choose which one they want? I'll be posting about it in the obituaries, but on 8/30 my girlfriend was killed trying to hop a train while running from the cops high. We were both in recovery for drug use, so sporting little booze bottles in the design would automatically dissuade me from buying a bandana. Alcoholism and drug addiction are...well, I'll leave the impact of that on nomads for a different post. Point is, the website no-gods-no-masters.com gives options for different locations of the different designs you want, and I think that would be better. Personally, I'm a pretty hardcore bicyclist. The circle-a with the bike in it is a design I've got on multiple patches and t-shirts, would make a great bandana for me. Maybe someone else is better off with a boxcar and a 40oz. http://www.elpasotimes.com/latestnews/ci_26442014/woman-killed-saturday-central-el-paso-was-trying

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
why not do a series of designs, and let people choose which one they want? I'll be posting about it in the obituaries, but on 8/30 my girlfriend was killed trying to hop a train while running from the cops high. We were both in recovery for drug use, so sporting little booze bottles in the design would automatically dissuade me from buying a bandana. Alcoholism and drug addiction are...well, I'll leave the impact of that on nomads for a different post. Point is, the website no-gods-no-masters.com gives options for different locations of the different designs you want, and I think that would be better. Personally, I'm a pretty hardcore bicyclist. The circle-a with the bike in it is a design I've got on multiple patches and t-shirts, would make a great bandana for me. Maybe someone else is better off with a boxcar and a 40oz. http://www.elpasotimes.com/latestnews/ci_26442014/woman-killed-saturday-central-el-paso-was-trying
I definitely understand where you're coming from unfortunately at the time right now I only have one screen available so I can only print one image at a time and this is kind of the first run of the image so I don't really have the option to do multiple designs at the moment but maybe at some point in the future that might be a possibility.

No gods no masters is a really big print shop they have really tons of really good so screening equipment and so they can afford to let people just customize whatever designs they want. Im literally just one guy in someone's living room with a couple of pieces of wood and some silk screening material and a little bit of paint so it its ultra DIY so that's why I can't really do more than one design right now.

I know the current design isnt perfect for everyone but it is what's most popular at the moment so this is what the first run will be. I'm definitely into making alternative designs though so keep the suggestions coming and once we get this first run done and get all the problems out of the way we'll be able to do different designs and hopefully make everyone happy [emoji1]

Thank you to everyone for voting in the poll it's turned out way better and more interesting than I thought it would be and it really gave us a good idea of what the best image would be for this first run. For now we're going to keep the anarchy sign and squatter signs on each corner as seen in the last posted image. Getting these printed is at the top of my list of things to do once I move into a place here in Portland so as soon as it's ready to be sold I'll let everyone know!

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
id like a plainish one like the first, but with the hand drawn squat n and instead of the a, putting a hand drawn get out fast with the arrows aiming in the corner (the circle with two arrows), catch out here, safe camp, and/or maybe bread and man with gun if you really don't want space

idk I kinda like em all though. I just kinda like it less cluttered and without the bike stuffs. (which is funny, I ride a lot of bikes)

Reactions: Boneless

jester108

Reaction score
i like the 2 circle a's, 2 squatter's rights design but i think you should keep the center design from the bike gear design i also agree with those who think that it should look a bit more hand drawn

nomad89

Reaction score
I know it's pretty late in the game, but I wanted to ask what material these would be printed on. I'm assuming it would be done on cotton due to cost but maybe there's some cheap synthetics out there? Just my 2 cents.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I know it's pretty late in the game, but I wanted to ask what material these would be printed on. I'm assuming it would be done on cotton due to cost but maybe there's some cheap synthetics out there? Just my 2 cents.

um... id have to double check. i think it's a blend of cotton with something else. honestly, i went with the cheapest deal i could find. the material is definitely good enough, but if someone could help me find a better distributor of black blank bandannas (preferably for $2/per piece or less) I'd sure appreciate it :)

i'll have pics of the first run up in a few days.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
such as? i think i only need fabric for future runs. has to be sewn on the sides though. right now i got 48 but ill need more after that.

Reactions: snotpuck

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads