1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

The Rule of Three

Discussion in 'Wilderness Survival' started by CoNiGMa, Aug 5, 2017.

1. CoNiGMa

CoNiGMa is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    City:
    Florence
    State:
    SC
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    In a survival situation, a person has 4 core things that he/she needs to survive. These are Shelter, Water, Fire, and Food. When in a survival situation, remember the Rule of 3:

You can survive for 3 Minutes without air (oxygen) or in icy water.

You can survive for 3 Hours without shelter in a harsh environment (unless in icy water)

You can survive for 3 Days without water (if sheltered from a harsh environment)

You can survive for 3 Weeks without food (if you have water and shelter)

Keeping these things in mind, there are some exceptions based on the environment in which you are in, but this is the basic rule of thumb to go by.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Meh Meh x 1
  2. Shaggy Rogers

Shaggy Rogers Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    Hippy
    City:
    Dawsonville
    State:
    GA
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +14 / -2
    I absolutely love these rules. There's a post apocalypse book of an EMP going off called 'The rule of three'. I also like the idea that if you have a big group and you have to split up, no less than 3 people to each smaller group.

• Like Like x 1