The Impossible task of finding a bike touring partner! | Squat the Planet

The Impossible task of finding a bike touring partner!

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? I've met some cool people but it seems most people bail out of any kind of plans. There should be a way to find someone. Touring alone can be fun and exciting, but having someone to ride with is so much more enjoyable.

D

Deleted member 16034

Yep. I set out by myself and it pretty much sucked until my dog Cujo got hurt in an accident. Then it really fucking sucked because I was all alone. So I flew back home to get my doggo medical treatment. Now we're being bored and lazy while he heals up

D

Deleted member 16701

Have you tried warmshowers.org? Its like a couchsurfing for cyclists except its way easier to get hosted and you could probably meet cyclists on there too.

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
I had to go back to Ohio temporarily because My mother got really sick. I can only imagine how awesome Sedona is. I've never been there. Or parts of Utah. I've always wanted to spend a few months living like Daniel Suelo off the beaten path

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
@
Hazardoussix6six
what part of Ohio you near/In? I'm NW. Close to Michigan border.

Satanic Botanic

Reaction score
Honestly, probably just gonna end up touring solo because I've had two people pretend like they were down but totally bail when it got down to getting serious about it. I wanted to start in the summer, but waiting around for people to confirm fucked up that schedule.

I mean, I get it. I get sidetracked, like I am now, but damn.

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Anyone want to head south to NM, AZ, etc. from Ohio on a bike tour? I've had multiple people flake out on joining me. No one follows through with shit these days!!!!

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Anyone near OH,Indiana,Illinois on bike heading west? Looking to head towards Nm then west towards San Diego.

Gabriel Pullman

Reaction score
No but I'll keep up with this thread. I got my bike into Cali. But Maybe leave someone and go hitch take care of things. And maybe biking around Cali this winter, maybe back east a lil. Idk yet

D

Deleted member 22934

The struggle is real! I currently live in Arizona and I'm working right now, so I gotta stick around for a while.. but if anybody lands in Arizona, hit me up for sure! My situation changes all the time. I made it back here from Boise Idaho. Pedalled half the distance and hitched a few rides the rest of the way. I also biked up and down all over Oregon a while back and couldn't find anybody to tag along. I dig a couple hundred miles that first trip mostly thru Utah by myself. And before that I was homeless in Flagstaff Arizona and couldn't find anybody who wanted to bike around or bike bike out of there. It seems like everyone either has a job or is too lazy to do anything... Few people are down for a serious adventure... If anybody ends up in Arizona late winterr-spring time and wants to put some miles down and have some epic camping experiences, I'm soo down for some good company and conversations. In Oregon I had been living off a bike for a while and covered a couple hundred miles earlier this year. I finally met one dude right after I bought my van and he was going thru court stuff anyways and couldn't leave the area... Since I was getting work consistently, I bought that van and got out a there before rain season... I just got back a few weeks ago... Anyways, I feel your pain bro. A good friend can make a real hard road seem enjoyable.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads