The Impossible task of finding a bike touring partner!

Current Location
On the road
Anyone else have this problem? I've met some cool people but it seems most people bail out of any kind of plans. There should be a way to find someone. Touring alone can be fun and exciting, but having someone to ride with is so much more enjoyable.

Juan Derlust

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Current Location
Limbo
Geraldo - I gave you a like b/c you have my sympathy - not that I enjoy your situation...

ToadStuff

Wayfarer
Current Location
Tucson, Az
Have you tried warmshowers.org? Its like a couchsurfing for cyclists except its way easier to get hosted and you could probably meet cyclists on there too.

OP
ResistMuchObeyLittle
Current Location
On the road
I had to go back to Ohio temporarily because My mother got really sick. I can only imagine how awesome Sedona is. I've never been there. Or parts of Utah. I've always wanted to spend a few months living like Daniel Suelo off the beaten path

Satanic Botanic

Pilgrim
Current Location
Denton, Texas
Honestly, probably just gonna end up touring solo because I've had two people pretend like they were down but totally bail when it got down to getting serious about it. I wanted to start in the summer, but waiting around for people to confirm fucked up that schedule.

I mean, I get it. I get sidetracked, like I am now, but damn.

OP
ResistMuchObeyLittle
Current Location
On the road
Anyone want to head south to NM, AZ, etc. from Ohio on a bike tour? I've had multiple people flake out on joining me. No one follows through with shit these days!!!!

Gabriel Pullman

Rambler
Current Location
Bend,Or
No but I'll keep up with this thread. I got my bike into Cali. But Maybe leave someone and go hitch take care of things. And maybe biking around Cali this winter, maybe back east a lil. Idk yet

george990

Rambler
Current Location
oregon
The struggle is real! I currently live in Arizona and I'm working right now, so I gotta stick around for a while.. but if anybody lands in Arizona, hit me up for sure! My situation changes all the time. I made it back here from Boise Idaho. Pedalled half the distance and hitched a few rides the rest of the way. I also biked up and down all over Oregon a while back and couldn't find anybody to tag along. I dig a couple hundred miles that first trip mostly thru Utah by myself. And before that I was homeless in Flagstaff Arizona and couldn't find anybody who wanted to bike around or bike bike out of there. It seems like everyone either has a job or is too lazy to do anything... Few people are down for a serious adventure... If anybody ends up in Arizona late winterr-spring time and wants to put some miles down and have some epic camping experiences, I'm soo down for some good company and conversations. In Oregon I had been living off a bike for a while and covered a couple hundred miles earlier this year. I finally met one dude right after I bought my van and he was going thru court stuff anyways and couldn't leave the area... Since I was getting work consistently, I bought that van and got out a there before rain season... I just got back a few weeks ago... Anyways, I feel your pain bro. A good friend can make a real hard road seem enjoyable.

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

In Winslow, AZ, and then on to Holbrook, with the Box. Anyone around these parts?
Takin a break from work to head up to Laramie for a few days to play some shows this weekend. Thank fuck, I need this.
BirdDaddy wrote on Tommythecat's profile.
Welcome to STP man!
BirdDaddy wrote on jypzi's profile.
You deleted you?
ALmost to Vegas, and I started getting dizzy

I am not made for the ruggedness of traveling all the time

Adieu
My eyes are A okay!!! I guess floaters squiggly lines heat waves flashing lights cloudy and blurred vision are normal...I guess. It's new to me, and realy hard tk.get use to. I have had better than perfact vision my entire life. I still do too, I just have shit in my field of vision somtimes nowadays I guess
Just did my first single handed sailing trip. Video to come if I can figure out how to edit video clips

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Dnelson