ten thousand dollars

paint chaser

Reaction score
ok so this subject may have been posted before but i looked for it and could not find it so im sorry if it has already been posted

what would any of you buy / do if you had 10,000 dollars ?
im asking this because iv asked myself this question and i couldn't really come up with anything any suggestions???

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I'd dump a lot of it into a studio, then I'd make a bunch of beats for Wider to rap over. I'd probably buy some Blue Label Johnny Walker, too.

In all seriousness, I'd probably throw it in the bank and go travel more.

stanktank

Reaction score
Lotsa cocaine, lotsa hookers, lotsa booze, lotsa cigarettes.

Pay off a friends college debt so they could travel with me.

Buy a cheapo forclosed house so I didn't have to crash at my parents when I was burned out. Make repairs. Have sweet parties.

Give a twenty to every busker I saw.

mksnowboarder

Reaction score
$2500 to bail my girl out of jail. $1000 for overdue rent and utilities. The rest to travel for as long as possible. Maybe bribe a judge or someone to get off probation. If I could do those things I wouldn't need the money for booze.

mike

menu

Reaction score
huh. in all honestly Id prolly die. haha. I live rough. jk.

but honestly Id prolly do something similar to wider. land is a great investment that doesnt depreciate. prolly the best investment.

or Id buy some drugs. flip said drugs and turn that 10gs into 100gs. thug. haha

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i would pay some fines. pay back my family for playing 'captainsavaho',tithe 10% to travelers n squaters,and the rest ?

Mr. Expendable

Reaction score
I'd keep it all to myself like a greedy fuck..... hahaha.... no, I'd probably actually rent out a cheep apartment and make it into a community house and see how long it lasted

120 Proof Vomit

Reaction score
i'd buy an RV, a new bike, then what ever is left i'd stash somewhere and only touch it when i need it. i like the RV and the bike idea though... new shoes too?

BananaPhuck

Reaction score
Get a Surly Long Haul Trucker bike, Panniers, Brooks Saddle, that's like $1400 right there. Get some ultralight backpacking gear, saving my back a great deal of pain. Never have to worry about food for a while.

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
If I had 10 grand I'd buy a badass motorcycle, a badass gun, someone's everlastin' soul, and an elephant I could ride after my bike craps out.

menu

Reaction score
One question that has kept me up late a few night is this:
What would you do if you you had only 24 hours to spend $1,000,000.

Makes things a bit more interesting!

land takes longer than 24 hours to bye. int his case you'd almost have to buy drugs. its about the only purchase you could make in that amount of time

Pickles

Reaction score
I would buy an old railcar.
A boxcar, reefer, caboose... something like that, then pay to have it moved to my grandparents' ranch out in Myrtle Creek.
Have it arranged, whether through money or simple agreement, to have a small part of the property put in my name so that I'd have the property regardless of whether or not they sold the place.
Restore the car, install amenities.
Buy a bike for getting into town. And that's about it.

I'd let my grandparents use it for hired help and such, or if they had a friend who needed a place to stay as long as they respected the space.

If I had any money left over, I'd use it to facilitate overseas travels, just get over to Asia or Europe and continue from there until I got to the point that I wanted to settle, then I'd move in to my boxcar.

Yep. That'd be awesome.

joemojave

Reaction score
Lotsa hookers!

Serriously, though, if I had a million and only 24 hours I would go to the LA gem district and buy the biggest, cleanest peice of burmese ruby rough I could afford, and then take it home and facet it. Gems are kinda like drugs because they are both easy to smuggle, both are always cash transactions, and both are very profitable for the dealers/middlemen. The difference is that gems are legal and drugs are not, even though spending money on coke is more rational than buying a pretty pebble.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads