techno

PFAT

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Most of it I only enjoy when on drugs... BUT there are some things I can enjoy regularly.
Justice is one of my favorites but I don't really like anything like Justice.
I love mellow electro like Ratatat and RJD2 sorts of things... (Ratatat station on pandora is AWESOME.)

Tare

Reaction score
Oh wait, Bumjug, here ya go, lol, yall, done got me started...good tune though

pinkmist

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of techno, though there are a lot of different kinds of electronic music that get lumped in with techno that are awesome... Glitch, drum and bass, dub step... I enjoy anything that is a variation of those... most recently digi-grind/glitch grind like xrin arms, drumcorps and exillion... Sick as shit.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
In my 6 years or so of working freelance production for music venues all over the us I've been witness to many a live techno band (or dj, or whatever) and have been mostly unimpressed (my music of choice is jazz and yes, I am a bit of a music snob). I hate seeing someone on stage fucking with a laptop. I mean what is that? Are you playing music or doing your taxes? BUT a few electronic artists have left a lasting impression on me (keep in mind I don't listen to recorded electronic music and this is all based off live performances).

DJ Sacha has impressed me a few times (as well as made me want to rip my ear drums out)
Bassnectur knows a trick or two
DJ Shawdow tends to bring it
and Mstrkft (or however the fuck they spell it) tends to worth the listen.

I'm sure there's tons more great electronic music out there, these are just the guys I've seen more than once who made me reconsider my attitudes towards techno.

Pedal

Reaction score
Drum n' bass is where its fucking at. Granted, melodic techno does have its beauty. Unfortunately, artists that produce melodic trance/techno, etc are a dime a dozen. You can only do so much with the same sound.

Techno, in general, whether its fancy trance or down n dirty industrial, lends off a special vibe akin to jazz. Its etheric. Abstract.

Conventional, lyric bound music is great for telling concrete stories. You don't have to think too deeply (compared to interpreting the emotion conveyed in instrumental orgies.) when you listen to lyrics. But you can't discount the beauty and meanings conveyed in instrumental music like techno or jazz.

It takes a special kind o' person to appreciate such art forms. And yes, I am being an elitist music snob. I await your subpoena.

Stargazer

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
As a DJ (Trance,Hardcore, Jungle, Euro) is my life...Though I love Oi! punk music..but I get sick of hearing BLAHHH! fuck the establishment!...BLAHHH Anarchy! dum dum BLAHHH Cops are nazis!.....I like fast pace music, I hate crappy drum circle hippie slow jam crap, Makes me wanna kill my self...plus techno usually has no message or story, Its the kinda music you want to energize you on a long walk or moment of epicness.

JahDucky

Reaction score
Caspa and Rusko own my lady bits!

Tare

Reaction score
Cool to know other kids are into Dubstep. Just found this FIRE tune.

klots

Reaction score
well,i'm not really into techno but i do enjoy electronic music.Mostly tekno,like spiraltribe/network23/curley/mononom/ZMK/Acid Anonymous etc etc.
favorite records:

I also mix tekno myself,ifyou want checkout some of my stuff here:
Klots - Tracks - SoundCloud
retteketetteketekno (klots- ouwe school met een vleugje gabber.mp3) - DivShare

Got lots more,but i can't get stuff to upload at mixcloud so until then i have to put it onmy soundcloudpage where i can only upload 2 hours of music, so i ave to delete one mix to put another one up. If you like what you hear and want more, send me a message

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before the age of dubstep and in the face of auditory harasement that is venetian snares there was Mash Up Soundsystem - Black Noise Generator (CDr) at Discogs

I found this album way back in the day in someones mailbox on the ave in seattle, back in those days I was hard into punk and rap but when I popped the album into my walkman I was blown away by what I heard, since then I have been checking the circuts for media downloading for black copies and never gottten closer to owning the album since - wile I have a prepaid visa I'm going to buy it, It has somewhat sentimental value to me - Must have!!!

C

crustythadd23

All that techno, happy hardcore, trance, electronica & so on is really shitty
Ill have to say its all about DUBSTEP! Dubstep is influenced by drum & bass, metal & hip-hop. Great fuckin stuff right there especially live!
heres a little list of some good shit;
Bar 9, Bare, Bassnectar, Borgore, Datsik, Doctor P, Downlink, Druley, Emalkay, Excision, J. Rabbit, LeBelgeElectrod, Liquid Stranger, Nero, Rusko, Pendulum

zerosmax

Reaction score
The Glitch Mob, Pantyraid, Beats Antique. Just had to add my 2 cents even though their worth is completely imaginary.

scatalyst

Reaction score
never really liked techno, or really much any type of electronic music. til a couple years ago i started kickin it with a couple dubstep producers. theyre kidz like us, their roots are in punk, hardcore, and metal. check these couple vids out, most people i show em to enjoy em. dubsteps been an awesome alternative to hardcore and punk rock for me....

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="YouTube - Daladubz - Cracks in the organ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads