Summer Fashion Tips for Discerning Travelers (1 Viewer)

A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
Summer is upon us and that means its time to ditch those ugly nylon rain ponchos and get ourselves into something more fashionable.

First of all black snot rags hung around the neck are so cliche. Let's show the opinionated townies of the world that we have class.

Let's swap those rags out with a nice lightly colored dress shirts and ties freshly commandeered from the bourgessie pigs at Goodwill. In another show of class we do not ever take from nonprofit thrift stores.

Since it is summer time we want lightly colored breathable fabrics unless it is a windy hot day which the researchers have discovered loose fitting black clothing actually keeps us the coolest. Those bedoin nomads can't be wrong.

And yes folks its time to ditch those polyesters till fall. Natural fibers like cotton and ramie keep us much cooler.

A nice pair of khaki work pants couples nicely with the shirt and tie. But nothing says tourist like a nice Hawaii n shirt.

But there's good news for those die hard survivalist s out there. Its 2017 and camo is in in in.

And lastly don't forget to accessorize!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
OP
A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
But what about pre-soiled jeans?
Sorry bro. Unwashed Jeans are 2016. Pale Denims with rips and tears this year.

But you won't look too out of date. Some of us are stuck in the 80s.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Wow cool ... then my ragged jeans are fashionable this year. I'm so glad to hear that.

I like to combine them with my holey t-shirt, a nicely faded vest and carefully ripped converse shoes that accentuate my non matching socks.

:D
Don't forget the belt made of lightweight shoelaces ... ;)

DrewSTNY

Wayfarer
Current Location
Gang Mills, NY
Sounds like the fashionable threads that were around in the 30's

73a99bd5b91b92a0e70b83384b88d41b-jpg.37349_Summer Fashion Tips for Discerning Travelers_Clothing_Squat the Planet_7:26 AM

You forgot to mention a good derby hat and jacket. :p

OP
A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
Wow cool ... then my ragged jeans are fashionable this year. I'm so glad to hear that.

I like to combine them with my holey t-shirt, a nicely faded vest and carefully ripped converse shoes that accentuate my non matching socks.

:D
You definitely got style ! Straight out ta Germany!!

OP
G

Grubblin

I deleted myself
Wait! Now, there's fashion involved in this lifestyle? Holy shit, I'm old! No one ever tells me anything. I'll just stick with my plaid golf pants, pulled up to my navel, my jet black socks, and my shiny white shoes. It's a look that's always been out of style so I know I'm consistent. Yeah, CONSISTENT = WINNING!

OP
A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
Wait! Now, there's fashion involved in this lifestyle? Holy shit, I'm old! No one ever tells me anything. I'll just stick with my plaid golf pants, pulled up to my navel, my jet black socks, and my shiny white shoes. It's a look that's always been out of style so I know I'm consistent. Yeah, CONSISTENT = WINNING!
I just have a weird sense of humor. I did throw in a few legit tips on staying cool! You sound pretty stylish to me. First rule of fashion is to be yourself. You are a trendsetter my friend!

OP
G

Grubblin

I deleted myself
That's the best thing I've been called in years!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Back online... Sorry I haven´t been active. Moving to the UK with my little family for a while.
50% of needed gas funds for OR trip obtained ✔
Bey
The Dumpster giveth...! Good skipping today, with some line struggle, though, over the freegan vs. "meegan" positions...
van dwelling in san antonio. about to get on the road to oregon or someplace by end of the month. i'm still so fucked up about my dear friend @Multifaceted passing away and need to get out of our hometown..
Confirmation that travel expenses will be covered has been APPROVED! I'M OUTTA HERE!
For years now I've been told to check out r/vagabond and I looked into it. Its terrible and I'm glad i haven't met those people.
Glad to be active again here on STP. I realize now how much I missed this community
Heading to Oregon this week...anyone wanna ride along?
I'm leaving MN in Spring!

Staff online