STP treehouse commune? | Page 5 | Squat the Planet

STP treehouse commune?

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I have been working on patching my straightjacket for a little bit now. One of the patches is gonna be a foldable/flexable solar panel on my back, that I can flip over. Sew the panel to some cloth, that should be all patchy... the flip over and hang it from my hooks, so I can charge my phone, labtop, (compasitors for my tazer glove)....

Tho running water, and garden is my main hope. Run some pipes to a creek, hand pump, run the pipes up into the tree, sand/charcole filter, fresh clean water in the tree. Garden- Take near by trees and make a large flower box, bring up dirt, water, and grow own veggies right in the trees.

It starts by just dragging logs into the trees to make base platforms, I wanna tie them down rather then nails and shit, rope briges to the other trees. Take or grow vines so they make a sort of cammoflage/netting from the ground.

Reactions: Teko

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
So what are the legalities of treehousing? I know they can't really fuck with you for living there but can they do anything about running pipes?

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
If I do it right, no one will know about the pipes, Bury and cammo. If done right no one should be able to see any of it. I am more worried of Pot Growers taking up all the good areas, and them shooting my ass stumbling across their areas.

Reactions: dprogram

CooperBoo

Reaction score
going out to look for locations in a few months, might take a while but i'll report back asap. was thinking of someplace right off of some small local line somewhere.

Hobacalypse

Banned
Reaction score
who wants to start one?
in the middle of the woods, in the middle of nowhere. no capitalism, no authority. we'll grow fruits and vegetables, hunt, gather, steal shit from the nearest town occasionally. brew our own beer, grow our own weed. trade shit for other shit.

im completely serious

Yeah, I'd be down to help out with projects, I have similar plans of my own, and am sure there's several people here that do as well, maybe we can start a network or something. Kind of hard to make a commitment to live with folks you've never met before though, of course. Start learning primitive/wilderness skills and permaculture. If you want to do it in California I'd be looking to the north.

You make it sound like a friggin hippie compound, we don't need many more rainbow gatherin's, maybe some secret circus training camps in the desert, or something like that.

I wanna try for extreme survival training, like scenarious that we plan out.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
So what are the legalities of treehousing? I know they can't really fuck with you for living there but can they do anything about running pipes?
What would probably be best is just dig latrines. If you want running water, we should find a creek that is uphill from the commune and run a pipe from it all the way and have it dumping into either a concrete well or some thing we can dump it into and not have to dig a well.
If you're out in the middle of the woods, nobody's gonna give a fuck.
I think what would be better, instead of being Dryads, we should build cabins and shit. But I'm indifferent.

E

Earth

My man Ted tried the wilderness thing, until the man came in and drove him to take some serious action on mainstream society - and for this he will always be one rightious person in my book...

Now, on another level: Sandy, Lyn, and the Big C himself have been talking about how we are one with nature, we are a part of nature not apart from nature - and I have to agree with the human who mentioned earlier about not needing anymore rainbow type gatherings - because those types of things destroy nature.

While it sounds appealing to set up a community in the wilderness, it would eventually become a ghetto.

So, my own personal opinion is I'm against anything like this - because it ruins it for the animals, just like the Europeans ruined it for the Indians.

We live completely out of balance, because thats what the man shoves down our throats.

If you really want to do a compound right, head for the desert..................
You could hide the Empire State Building out there and nobody would ever find it :)

Nemo

Reaction score
BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMp.
Hey wise guys, what's the deali-o
location? or have you nicompoops given up? I have a life to lay on the line for this project. I just want to be freeeeeeeeee oh so free.
Oh and I'm doing shit else...

p.s. the desert idea is pretty rad; caves and shiiii
p.s.s. if anyone out there has any projects currently in motion, i'd love to help.
save this damsel in this dress.
I mean *distress

Zorila

Reaction score
Website
squattheplanet.com
if you establish the camp high in the mountains, just where the forest ends and the rocks begin, you won't have any problem with authorities, cartels, or other shit, that is the place where you'll get the maximum amount of anarchy. you'll probably need some mountaineering knowledge so dig, people, dig, and go for it, be crazy, camp where no one can get (nor see), live where no reasonable human would want to live.

wiljago

Reaction score
End of summer building one near San Diego....
I'd be so down to help with this and participate, especially in San Diego. See, yeah, I like this SoCal idea here because of the climate. Insulation doesn't have to be anything crazy, just rain proof.

I have some building experience and am taking a woodshop class at Laney to round out my skills this spring. I'm up in Oakland right now, so late summer would give me enough time to work and save a little and get down there too.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads