STP treehouse commune? (1 Viewer)

shwillyhaaa

Website
www.facebook.com
there arent computers in the woods... you guys forgot about that huh? -bashes head on keyboard-hsdhvjafjhcvasjcvh nsf sfav asjvhasfv afjv adfahf!!!!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

nivoldoog

Rambler
Hometown
Everywhere, No where
I have been working on patching my straightjacket for a little bit now. One of the patches is gonna be a foldable/flexable solar panel on my back, that I can flip over. Sew the panel to some cloth, that should be all patchy... the flip over and hang it from my hooks, so I can charge my phone, labtop, (compasitors for my tazer glove)....

Tho running water, and garden is my main hope. Run some pipes to a creek, hand pump, run the pipes up into the tree, sand/charcole filter, fresh clean water in the tree. Garden- Take near by trees and make a large flower box, bring up dirt, water, and grow own veggies right in the trees.

It starts by just dragging logs into the trees to make base platforms, I wanna tie them down rather then nails and shit, rope briges to the other trees. Take or grow vines so they make a sort of cammoflage/netting from the ground.

nivoldoog

Rambler
Hometown
Everywhere, No where
If I do it right, no one will know about the pipes, Bury and cammo. If done right no one should be able to see any of it. I am more worried of Pot Growers taking up all the good areas, and them shooting my ass stumbling across their areas.

OP
CooperBoo

CooperBoo

Lurker
Hometown
Tennessee
going out to look for locations in a few months, might take a while but i'll report back asap. was thinking of someplace right off of some small local line somewhere.

Hobacalypse

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Hometown
State of mind
who wants to start one?
in the middle of the woods, in the middle of nowhere. no capitalism, no authority. we'll grow fruits and vegetables, hunt, gather, steal shit from the nearest town occasionally. brew our own beer, grow our own weed. trade shit for other shit.

im completely serious
Yeah, I'd be down to help out with projects, I have similar plans of my own, and am sure there's several people here that do as well, maybe we can start a network or something. Kind of hard to make a commitment to live with folks you've never met before though, of course. Start learning primitive/wilderness skills and permaculture. If you want to do it in California I'd be looking to the north.
You make it sound like a friggin hippie compound, we don't need many more rainbow gatherin's, maybe some secret circus training camps in the desert, or something like that.

I wanna try for extreme survival training, like scenarious that we plan out.

TheUndeadPhoenix

Necromancer king
So what are the legalities of treehousing? I know they can't really fuck with you for living there but can they do anything about running pipes?
What would probably be best is just dig latrines. If you want running water, we should find a creek that is uphill from the commune and run a pipe from it all the way and have it dumping into either a concrete well or some thing we can dump it into and not have to dig a well.
If you're out in the middle of the woods, nobody's gonna give a fuck.
I think what would be better, instead of being Dryads, we should build cabins and shit. But I'm indifferent.

P

Pheonix

I deleted myself
Hey could you give a gps to that location? PM me. What is the closest Indian reservation?
I've sold that land, so that location is off the table. no one wanted to move to oklahoma so I thought it was taken off the table for this project a long time ago.

E

Earth

I deleted myself
My man Ted tried the wilderness thing, until the man came in and drove him to take some serious action on mainstream society - and for this he will always be one rightious person in my book...

Now, on another level: Sandy, Lyn, and the Big C himself have been talking about how we are one with nature, we are a part of nature not apart from nature - and I have to agree with the human who mentioned earlier about not needing anymore rainbow type gatherings - because those types of things destroy nature.

While it sounds appealing to set up a community in the wilderness, it would eventually become a ghetto.

So, my own personal opinion is I'm against anything like this - because it ruins it for the animals, just like the Europeans ruined it for the Indians.

We live completely out of balance, because thats what the man shoves down our throats.

If you really want to do a compound right, head for the desert..................
You could hide the Empire State Building out there and nobody would ever find it :)

Nemo

Lurker
Hometown
Earth
BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMp.
Hey wise guys, what's the deali-o
location? or have you nicompoops given up? I have a life to lay on the line for this project. I just want to be freeeeeeeeee oh so free.
Oh and I'm doing shit else...

p.s. the desert idea is pretty rad; caves and shiiii
p.s.s. if anyone out there has any projects currently in motion, i'd love to help.
save this damsel in this dress.
I mean *distress

Zorila

Lurker
Hometown
Brasov, Romania
Website
squattheplanet.com
if you establish the camp high in the mountains, just where the forest ends and the rocks begin, you won't have any problem with authorities, cartels, or other shit, that is the place where you'll get the maximum amount of anarchy. you'll probably need some mountaineering knowledge so dig, people, dig, and go for it, be crazy, camp where no one can get (nor see), live where no reasonable human would want to live.

wiljago

Lurker
End of summer building one near San Diego....
I'd be so down to help with this and participate, especially in San Diego. See, yeah, I like this SoCal idea here because of the climate. Insulation doesn't have to be anything crazy, just rain proof.

I have some building experience and am taking a woodshop class at Laney to round out my skills this spring. I'm up in Oakland right now, so late summer would give me enough time to work and save a little and get down there too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Beautiful day to be alive and listen to the birds chirp, remembering to be grateful for what we have and not worry about what we have not.
Healthy in PDX. Back here after years to keep track of those bugging out and to check in on those still on the road.
Just found out my neighbor died. One day I'm helping him change his starter, the next he's gone. Just walked around inside his house. That would be the first time I have smelled death. The eeriest though was that the UPS guy still left him a package. PS He was a big John Wayne fan!! RIP Rick!
SIX10 wrote on Cussock's profile.
whatz your avatar from?? looks sick
Twin cities folks, anybody looking to go out, maintain a respectable distance, and explore something this Friday night?
Committed phone memory to two of these guys albums just last night, after not listening to them for years. Found out today that one of em died just two days prior.
They fathered ebm in 1981 -the same genre of industrial that NIN brought to the mainstream over 10 years later.

Dude thinks he's gonna "make a deal" with the virus.

It's like a virtual pact with *Satan*.👹 Maybe if he sacrifices all the helpless ones to the thing, the devil will just let him be? Let him keep his status, his presidency, his supporters?

Members online