Stay Out of Minneapolis/St. Paul For Now | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Stay Out of Minneapolis/St. Paul For Now

DoctorZ

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Um. Yes. A entire system that tries to push this shit under the rug has been doing that for decades.

They did attack the cops. Yer in mpls and arnt aware of this? You do realize that the people targeting at least one business have been identified as police officers acting as protesters to attempt to shift the publics view of this right? This is standard police action to disruptt protests to shift the focus from "hey cops are killing innocent people dont do that anymore" to "shoot the looters they all just want free TVs see! They dont care about anything but destroying their own community these people are monsters! We had to shoot them to save YOU".

Of course theres also some people acting like assholes and just trashing shit for shits and giggles. I'm not arguing that, but I can tell you first hand what I saw last night here in Richmond is not what I'm reading about in the news this afternoon.

I don't watch the News much, unless some big severe storm hits the area. All my news is from "word of mouth" or my police scanner.

DoctorZ

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I spoke with my wife about some of the things said on here. She's on Social Media and here is what she told me has been going on:

1. Word has it that our Governor Walz and Minneapolis Mayor Frey are in cohorts behind everything.
2. During the protests, looting and fires, NO COPS or National Guard are anywhere around. The Protesters are free to do as they wish until a certain point, when all of a sudden the area is flooded with cops and Guard members who chase everyone off, but no arrests are made.
3. Before all of this went down, President Trump offered a huge financial package to Minneapolis to beef up it's law enforcement. This financial package (about $500 Million) was TURNED DOWN by Mayor Frey. He said he wants to eliminate cops from the City because cops make minorities feel "uncomfortable."
4. Minneapolis has recently stated that they want to ELIMINATE all motorized vehicles from the city except for Public Transportation, citing pedestrian deaths and Global Warming as the reason. They also have forbidden semi trucks from overnight parking in the city, and enacted a city ordinance against business' Drive-Thru's of any kind.
5. Minneapolis has LOWERED the Speed Limit on ALL city streets to 20 MPH, and re-timed all the stop lights to CREATE CONGESTION. The reason is to "make owning a personal vehicle as unpleasant as possible."
6. Our Governor Walz is being sued by a whole ton of local businesses over his handling of the Coronavirus shut-down, and a lot of the businesses being burned to the ground are the ones named in the lawsuits!
7. President Trump today offered to send Federal Troops into the area to help with the situation, Governor Walz turned the offer down.
8. The Black Panthers arrived in Minneapolis today. It has been mostly kept quiet on the news outlets.
9. The Hells Angels have just announced they are heading into Minneapolis to confront the Black Panthers.
10. Our Governor Walz has gone into hiding.....

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?????

japanarchist

Reaction score
So burning down a whole community including those not involved with the thing your pissed off about is the answer?

Focus is lacking... ?
I think targeting specific targets is a good move: police stations, banks, cop cars. But randomly destroying every and anything isn't helpful. Different people have different views based on what their intentions and desires are. Some folks out there want police reform, some want to overthrow capitalism, some just want to fuck shit up, some want to loot and some want all of the above.

MFB

Reaction score
R.I.P Brother Floyd. ❤
Lets honor him with some good debate on a topic his death and aftermath touches on, one issue that seems to divide the left always.

And I always like the bigger questions in life.

So. Im a pacifist. BC Im a hippydipp and believe in love. I dont have it in me to want to hurt anything. Im smart enought to know this is environmental as Ive lived a charmed life compared to a lot of people.

But Im wondering
At what point does injustice merit violence?
If people seek justice and liberty, does this give them the right to strike out with violence?

Reactions: coltsfoot
D

Deleted member 125

R.I.P Brother Floyd. ❤
Lets honor him with some good debate on a topic his death and aftermath touches on, one issue that seems to divide the left always.

And I always like the bigger questions in life.

So. Im a pacifist. BC Im a hippydipp and believe in love. I dont have it in me to want to hurt anything. Im smart enought to know this is environmental as Ive lived a charmed life compared to a lot of people.

But Im wondering
At what point does injustice merit violence?
If people seek justice and liberty, does this give them the right to strike out with violence?

Just so we can sort of keep this thread on topic to what's going on Minneapolis right now feel free to start yer own thread about discussing when/if violence is the answer to injustice.

D

Deleted member 125

This might help explain why minority owned businesses were being looted. White supremacists came from out of state, and made a mess so more than likely protesters would catch the blame for it and people would condemn them for it.

Like I said before, this is a very common thing, them being nazis doesnt surprise me what with the current state of things and what not but my money was/is still on the cops being involved more than is being talked about on the news.

DoctorZ

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well things are getting under control now. The National Guard has mobilized 5,000 troops with another 5,000 on standby. They've got most of the roads locked down. They've disbursed crowds with rubber bullets, teargas, and paint guns. They've got drones in the air with night vision following any group of people larger and 4 persons. Police are shooting ANYONE outside their house even if they are on their porch or front steps with non-lethal rounds.
A whole bunch of vehicles have been pulled over without license plates and the occupants have fled. The vehicles have been found to be stocked with tools to commit damage to buildings.
There has been a handful of small fires set, but they were contained. In one parking lot all cars parked there had their tires slashed (allegedly by police) and when the owners came to drive away, they were met with two black SUV's filled with military men who then shot the drivers with non-lethal rounds.
Several TV news crews have been arrested, and one news camera destroyed.
In areas where no cops are, cars are speeding at high speeds though the empty streets throwing rocks and yelling, "Fuck Governor Walz!"
Other cities around the area have broken out in violet protests: Duluth, MN; Rochester, MN; Hudson, WI; and Fargo, ND.

During a press conference an hour ago, law enforcement came on and said they are going to be gathering ALL video footage taken over the last week from News media, security cameras, social media posts, and any other means possible to IDENTIFY EVERYONE in the videos looting, or vandalizing, and using facial recognition software to reconstruct their ID even if they were wearing face masks. They said they ALL will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

Our local TV Station WCCO 4, has filed two Civil Lawsuits against the police for assult and arrest of their news crews. Law enforcement has come out publically and said those caess will be thrown out of court because they had "fair warning."

I also heard from a friend in Nashville, TN; that a curfew has been issued there and all public transit suspended. The wife tells me Denver, CO is rioting.

That's all for now.....

• Stupid
Reactions: Matt Derrick
D

Deleted member 125

Well things are getting under control now

Police are shooting ANYONE outside their house even if they are on their porch or front steps with non-lethal rounds

You saying this is "under control" kinda sounds like you think the cops are the good guys here.

To think, all of this could of been avoided if the mayor, or law enforcement ya know did their actual job and arrested people responsible for the murder of a dude.

But I sure am glad its "under control" now that the same police department that is covering for these people is now shooting at more unarmed people.

DoctorZ

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You saying this is "under control" kinda sounds like you think the cops are the good guys here.

To think, all of this could of been avoided if the mayor, or law enforcement ya know did their actual job and arrested people responsible for the murder of a dude.

But I sure am glad its "under control" now that the same police department that is covering for these people is now shooting at more unarmed people.

Sorry, I was using the news media's description of what was going on. Let's put it point blank. The Twin Cities and a lot of the rest of Minnesota has become a POLICE STATE! In other words, it's under "their" control now.

I'm hearing of a lot of arrests over the police scanner, and one suburban high school has been set ablaze. Motorists are also now being arrested on the spot as they travel down the freeways. It seems as if they are arresting now and will be asking questions later.

I can't be sure if I'm misunderstanding or not, but the talk over the scanner seems to indicate that after they arrest the driver and occupants of the vehicle, they are shoving it off the road into the ditch to be hauled away later. I guess all the tow-trucks are under police control now.

Shaggy Rogers

Reaction score
I think targeting specific targets is a good move: police stations, banks, cop cars. But randomly destroying every and anything isn't helpful. Different people have different views based on what their intentions and desires are. Some folks out there want police reform, some want to overthrow capitalism, some just want to fuck shit up, some want to loot and some want all of the above.
Goddamn capitalism

• Agree
Reactions: Coywolf

Shaggy Rogers

Reaction score

Good thing you said it as nice as possible before I could rip into it.

• Love It
Reactions: Coywolf

superphoenix

Reaction score
There's levels to this shit and it's complex.

Most of the daytime protests I photographed were peaceful. A select few protesters instigated, especially at night. Cops fought back, naturally, and when they punch back, they do it several times harder. So peaceful people get caught in the crossfire. Some were trying to make dialogue with black cops, asking if they tell their own kids what's going on.

Many of the people fucking shit up don't seem to be locals or even protesters but opportunists, and usually white at that. POC aren't trying to catch this heat right now.

If an empty squad car or Target gets fucked, that's none of my business, but I don't like when small shops or historical buildings get targeted. On the extreme end of the spectrum, you have a select very very small group of people claiming that even a minority-owned small business is complicit in capitalism and thus needs to be destroyed, which imo isn't right (or even necessarily correct).

This is a beef that MSP has with its police, not between somewhere like L.A. and a jewelry shop, which is why it comes off as opportunistic. This is made even more complicated by covid stuff going on.

That said, let's not forget that a man was murdered, and the death "investigators" denied what we saw with our own eyes.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
All I see... is a cancer eating itself..... on all sides...

And I don't know what to do.

DoctorZ

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Our freeways were shut down at 5pm this evening because a Semi-Tanker Truck drove through a large crowd of protesters at high speed with his horn sounding. He was eventually stopped by protesters throwing their bicycles in front of the truck, climbing onto the cab, breaking his windows.....
They pulled him out and beat him, then the cops came and took him into custody.

Although there are a ton of videos online of the incident already, I just saw a close up one by a protester showing the bikes getting run over, and protesters swarming the cab, breaking the windows and pulling the driver out.

That video has not been posted online yet.

The truck driver didn't not sustain serious injuries, and no protesters were hurt that we know of yet.

Also, police have been finding firebombs and other explosives planted all over our 7-county metro area. These "packages" were planted, many in the last 24 hours in strategic locations ready to be set off at an appointed time. So far, know one knows who's planting them or even how they're obtaining them. We do know that stolen cars with their license plates removed are being used to deploy the bombs.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads