State of Maine

C

crustythadd23

So I have been coming up this way ever since my first time coming through back in the summer of 2011. I loved it so damn much and always had the North East on my mind I decided this was going to be the place called home. So instead of waiting til the summer I decided come back out here now. Posting up in Rockland, ME for good. Got couple jobs be starting by next month with seafood and road construction. I highly recommend the NE, for work, vacation, best travels, good people, AMAZING SEAFOOD! If you have never been come visit Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. You want to work? No problem youll find work so damn easily out here. This year Ill be getting off the road for a bit, get things going for myself and get a awesome home out in the country. Any kids come through the state of Maine holla at me! Ill help as much as I can! food for you or pets, shower, place to crash for couple days, get work for couple days, anything!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
got "up" there once with some girlfriends, picked and ate the BEST wild blueberries and seafood. Didn't get to the coast though. Another trip. :)

D

Deleted member 20

Ive been fishing up there & came into Rockland a bit. Ghost town in winter except bug pickers & other hard core mainers. Touristy in warmer months. As a fisherman im biased as how i make money & live my life free of management from others. If you have any desire or interest in that type of work, it can have many bennefits & perils as well. I will prob be up that way in the coming months. Im sober now but have memoriesof the "Time out pub" a working waterfront dive bar up there.

Last edited:

janktoaster

Reaction score
I've been all around Maine and the Northeast, it's goddamned beautiful. Vermont and New Hampshire have real mountains, and I love that they're not really known to many people. Sounds like you got a good plan!!

Reactions: meonsaor

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
Waterville blows, people. let us all feel bad for fault88.
oh, and avoid any part of inland maine in may, june and july, the blackflies will eat you alive.
i reccommend the Hancock county jail, however. Coffee in the morning, TV on until 10, dees food, books, a WINDOW with a view, lights off at night, good people, cheap commissary.

C

crustythadd23

Machias has blueberry racking starting in July, bad ass town. Collective house there called the beehive and got bands that play on the middle of the August.

meonsaor

Reaction score
The Northeast is my home.. Grew up in Southern New Hampshire, currently traveling staying on a farm in AZ.. Miss the sea :'( don't miss the 5 feet of snow. I definitely recommend the Northeast for those who LOVE the snow and the mountains and the ocean.. So much to see. Great place to check out is North Conway. Kind of touristy but some really beautiful low key areas if you know where to look. Check out the Saco River, Cathedral Ledge in North Conway, the Kancamagus Highway, Mount Major, Mount Washington, White mountain national forest.. And Maine.. So much beautiful farm land, amazing coast lines, even better seafood. Stayed on a poultry farm in North Yarmouth bout a half hour or so North of Portland.. All woods and coast, great kayaking areas. Just love it..

• Useful
Reactions: Kal

meonsaor

Reaction score
Hell yeah. Yeah i just filled out the thing for mofga hope to find some farm work
If you're interested in farm work check out WWOOF. its more or less a work exchange kind of deal but some places also provide a stipend depending on the situation... There is a 40$ fee for the directory but I promise it is well worth it. Northeast is covered with farms shouldn't be hard to find (except right now in the middle of winter might be tricky.) stayed on a mofga poultry farm in North Yarmouth, lots of hard work 40+ hours a week with little pay. So be ready for that. (though through wwoof they will never give you hours like that, more like 5 hrs a day 5 days a week)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads