Starting a housing co-op in Memphis, TN. | Squat the Planet

Starting a housing co-op in Memphis, TN.

shwillyhaaa

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
maybe ill pass on through sometime and help out the best i can. im always lookin for something productive to do around the country, even if i dont exactly plan on staying

ChrisTheHut

Reaction score
We plan on starting with one small house and a few projects going on in that house, probably a deep water cultivation system and a home brew system. We then want to branch out to other smaller houses. The reason we want multiple houses is so, if we are run out of one house, we have more to go to. Also, this creates more of a sense of community between the houses. Each house can do something different and we can get together nightly/weekly and share what we have grown or made between everyone in all of the houses.

dprogram

Reaction score
No luck on my end in the lease to own option. Tons of real estate friends but none to lease to own. Did find a few rentals but honestly probably not what you're looking for. How many bedrooms do you need? Couple places I found that were (IMHO) somewhat affordable were near Vollintine and Jackson Ave. Nice properties but iffy for some. Not me though.

dprogram

Reaction score
Not ghetty but near some roughness...and quite a walk from Madison Ave and McLean.

dprogram

Reaction score
Awesome man. My dad used to live on Peach. There's lots of big homes in that area...lot's of homeless too but I've dealt with that all over Memphis. At least rent is affordable in the area. Plus there are plans in the works to revitalize the old Sears tower! ttys!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads