Starting a housing co-op in Memphis, TN. (1 Viewer)

ChrisTheHut

Lurker
Me and some friends of mine are working on starting up a housing co-op in Midtown Memphis, TN. Anyone in the area that would like to help out is more than welcome to lend a hand. E-mail me at [email protected] or post on the thread.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

shwillyhaaa

Wayfarer
Website
www.facebook.com
maybe ill pass on through sometime and help out the best i can. im always lookin for something productive to do around the country, even if i dont exactly plan on staying

OP
C

ChrisTheHut

Lurker
We plan on starting with one small house and a few projects going on in that house, probably a deep water cultivation system and a home brew system. We then want to branch out to other smaller houses. The reason we want multiple houses is so, if we are run out of one house, we have more to go to. Also, this creates more of a sense of community between the houses. Each house can do something different and we can get together nightly/weekly and share what we have grown or made between everyone in all of the houses.

OP
C

ChrisTheHut

Lurker
I will let you guys know when we find a good place to start. It should be within the next month. If not then, then defiantly by winter.

dprogram

Wanderer
No luck on my end in the lease to own option. Tons of real estate friends but none to lease to own. Did find a few rentals but honestly probably not what you're looking for. How many bedrooms do you need? Couple places I found that were (IMHO) somewhat affordable were near Vollintine and Jackson Ave. Nice properties but iffy for some. Not me though.

OP
C

ChrisTheHut

Lurker
I actually just found a cool place at Bellevue and Peach near Overton. I'm going to go take a look at it this weekend or next week. I'll keep you posted.

dprogram

Wanderer
Awesome man. My dad used to live on Peach. There's lots of big homes in that area...lot's of homeless too but I've dealt with that all over Memphis. At least rent is affordable in the area. Plus there are plans in the works to revitalize the old Sears tower! ttys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
GauntletScars